Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my RX is sick

my 87 rx is having some issues, it has a rough idle, sputtering, and a lack of power. the car only has 116,000mi. ive done a complete tune up to it and it hasnt changed much. the car has been sitting for 2 years prior to my saving another rx from the junk pile. im bout ready to tear my hair out with these problems.

any suggestions are greatly appreciated:burnout:

• 1 year later...
Oh my Waffles!!! :-\ ... Such a Bad Thing... Could it be Easy to Fix?

Did it Ran with the Same Oil that was Sat for 2 Years? :eek:

Well, my thought was more along the lines of, was there maybe a drop or two of water in that oil for two years.. or something like that. I more or less assumed he put fresh oil in it to run the car.

Well, my thought was more along the lines of, was there maybe a drop or two of water in that oil for two years.. or something like that. I more or less assumed he put fresh oil in it to run the car.

I Think that You´re Right! ... Maybe A Li´l Amount of Water / Condensation inside the Engine, did Rusted that Bearin´ ...

I remembered that when I was a Li´l Child, I heard ´bout Somethin´ Like That, happened to a Dad´s Friend, who Left the Country to Work Far Away, and his car was totally Abandoned... When he came Back and did Repair it, Engine was Runnin´ with Noises... and then Happened the Same... A Rusted Bearin´ ...

I Hope that Rxroo87 Can Fix it Easily...

Good Luck! :)

• 3 months later...