Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Insurance rape: Need help proving value of subie

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

basically all i have to say has been said prevously. but insurance companies are the scum of the earth. they are the worst crooks you will ever meet i would rather go into any jail and and find the worst thief i could and make a deal with him than with an insurance company.

on a side note when i wrecked my wagon the other insurance company tried to do a 50/50 deal on the fault and say if i didn't take that right then i would get nothing i told them to go f$^k them selves and i was calling my attorney. then i hung up 10 minutes later they called me back and took full blame for the accident. and even gave me a fair value on the car. my piont is just dropping the A word at insurance companies does alot. but you can't do that if your not willing to follow though.

be carefull the insurance companies will try to F$%k you over any chance they get.

best of luck

I can't believe these [insert profane word/words/phrase here]. I just got a letter in the mail saying that my only other option to battle their crappy settlement is to get two appraisers and an umpire and all that business, and if they don't hear back from me by tomorrow by 10 AM (San Antonio time, so 9 AM) they will consider the property damage portion of the claim settled. So I'm drafting a strongly worded letter that I will fax to them in the morning, and tell them what's what.

I've been doing my research, and I know for a FACT that they are required to look at ads in the area, and take those into account before forcing me to pay for an appraiser according to WAC 284-30-330 section (8) as well as specifically outlined in WAC 284-30-3907 section (2, "c").

I've been doing my reasearch, and they aren't going to screw me.

If anyone sees this next week/month/year whenever and needs some help solving their insurance debacle, please don't hesitate to let me know, and I'd be more than happy to assist you in defeating these scumbags again and again and again.

Also, the WAC's (http://apps.leg.wa.gov/WAC/ - specifically 284-30-3907 and 284-30-330) are proving to be super helpful. So for anyone in Washington, they are a great resource in learning what your rights as a claimant are.

basically all i have to say has been said prevously. but insurance companies are the scum of the earth. they are the worst crooks you will ever meet i would rather go into any jail and and find the worst thief i could and make a deal with him than with an insurance company.

This made me laugh. Thanks for that! I didn't realize how true it was until this incident.

You know what is really funny,,,,

The insurance company says your car is worth $400,,,, the county tax office says your car is worth $2000....:lol::rolleyes:

Yeah and the guy at the car lot says it's $3000 (to buy one ... but you'd be lucky to get $50 trade-in :rolleyes::drunk: )

*car salesman* " Tell you what, we can just take that old car off your hands for free ... no need to pay a JY ..." *car salesman*

I had pretty good luck in the past with insurance settlements with my motorcycle, but I did have trouble with older cars (the only ones I really want anyway) good luck to ya, and keep up the good work! I once worked for a armored car company for a short while, and the Ins companies had more cash (usually in the form of checks) to send to the Federal Reserve vaults than most banks! They definatly do very well at our expense most of the time. :dead:

I can't believe these [insert profane word/words/phrase here]. I just got a letter in the mail saying that my only other option to battle their crappy settlement is to get two appraisers and an umpire and all that business, and if they don't hear back from me by tomorrow by 10 AM (San Antonio time, so 9 AM) they will consider the property damage portion of the claim settled. So I'm drafting a strongly worded letter that I will fax to them in the morning, and tell them what's what.

The "if we don't hear back from you by 10AM" thingy is complete non-sense. Was the letter written in crayon? Jesus Christ... that's frickin' insane.

No kidding! 10 AM, first of all, is really 9 AM here, second, its rediculious to request someone to respond to a letter that they didn't get until the 23, by the 24th at a time which it is likely that they are at work, school, performing their trade etc.

The draft I got wasn't written in crayon, but I can imagine that the original was. This lady is an idiot and a crook. I'd really quite literally do business with the drug dealers and junkies across the street from my work than spend another dime with this company.

The "if we don't hear back from you by 10AM" thingy is complete non-sense. Was the letter written in crayon? Jesus Christ... that's frickin' insane.

seriously, are you getting a lawyer or, what is your plan? call the state insurance commissioner at least. If you and the insurance office are in different states, call the commish in both states just to CYA. Call a few lawyers and see what info you can get over the phone.

Ok, try this on for size,,,, my insurance company said i had to pay a higher rate for another year,,, why? you ask...

Because i got a ticket 3 years ago,,, however sence i recieved the ticket in DEC and although i payed the fine and went to court in December,,,,it did not post to my driving record untill Febuary of the following year:mad: ((according to the insurance company))

Now,,, is that load of poopykaka or not?:rolleyes:

Not really, it will be on your record for the same amount of time regardless. That's how it worked with each of the tickets that I used to have on my record.

Ok, try this on for size,,,, my insurance company said i had to pay a higher rate for another year,,, why? you ask...

Because i got a ticket 3 years ago,,, however sence i recieved the ticket in DEC and although i payed the fine and went to court in December,,,,it did not post to my driving record untill Febuary of the following year:mad: ((according to the insurance company))

Now,,, is that load of poopykaka or not?:rolleyes:

Yeah, I called my attorney this afternoon. He's going to sit down with me on Friday and we're going to go over the case. He said he'll do whatever is necessary to take care of this properly and in my best interest. I've already got a call into the insurance commissioner in WA, but I hadn't even thought of doing Texas, but you can count on me doing that before Friday.

Anyway, enough was enough, and I'm taking the legal route.

Thanks for your help and concern!

seriously, are you getting a lawyer or, what is your plan? call the state insurance commissioner at least. If you and the insurance office are in different states, call the commish in both states just to CYA. Call a few lawyers and see what info you can get over the phone.

I've had three tickets, all of which have been erased completely by this attorney of mine. He's a real champ. The court date for the third one was on my 18th birthday, and was for (get this) doing 40 in a 35 on a mountain highway. I was like WTF? I was going up snowshoeing in the subie, and got pulled over in a "mass grave". This guy had like 10 cars pulled over, and was just flagging people down after his buddy zapped 'em with the radar gun. What really got me going was that the place I pulled into, was the parking lot for the trailhead:banghead: . ahhhh.

Anyway, this guy has gotten me out of a lot of shizzy, and I trust him on this one!

Not really, it will be on your record for the same amount of time regardless. That's how it worked with each of the tickets that I used to have on my record.

your record isn't the driving factor for insurance companies. insurance companies don't care about how many points are on your record. they assign their own point value for any violation that occurs and also can retain those any amount of time that they want (within the law, if there is one for that), possibly even beyond when the points may be on your official state driving record. so even if you have a "clean" driving record because your past tickets are finally not on it, the insurance company can still make their own assessment of risk based on other information.

Anyway, enough was enough, and I'm taking the legal route.

Thanks for your help and concern!

you learned first hand what i was telling you earlier in this thread. glad you're finally getting it taken care of. if the attorney is good this will be a breeze for you. a bad attorney is typically lazy, not aggressive and doesn't have much initiative. you'll get reimbursed but it'll take forever.

they balked and now they're going to pay for not trying to deal with you honestly and straight up. have no sympathy.