Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ford Turbo Coupe I/C??????

Has Anyone Installed One of the Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe Intercoolers on there soob? I Got a Free One today and im wondering how difficult it will be to install this on my Wagon and does anyone have any pictures of this setup? just lookin for some more info

Thanks

It cant be used on your car, might as well sell it to me for $5 and make $5 profit :)

Shouldnt be hard to do. Does it matter which side is the inlet and which side is the outlet? Just attatch one end of the i/c to the turbo, the other end to the intake, make sure its sealed air tight, and press the gas alittle further.

Might wanna take care of the autoslushy tranny.

-Brian

• 6 years later...

Heres a picture of one that I put on my 1987.5 xt. I had to rotate the compressor housing a few degrees and relocate the the wastegate actuator to match the new compressor angle to match the angle of the intercooler inlet. I used a hose barb and 1/2 inch fuel hose to connect to the original bov or recirculation valve whatever you want to call it. Then I found a piece of mandrel bent piping from the intake of an old IH combine I had out back and cut up the radiator hoses from the engine to connect it. Recycling at its finest! when I put it all together the car now wants to boost around 12psi. I believe that when I relocated the wastegate actuator I may have rotated it a little less/more than I should have and extra spring pressure is what causes the car to overboost slightly. But hey, Im not complaining. Another interesting side affect is that the computer didnt activate the fuel cut after several seconds of running at that level. Im not sure if this is all because the computer hasnt yet fully adjusted because I havnt ran the car very much since the new setup so ill just have to see what happens.l_4b57f73c83424e748c507d94d769cae7.jpg

Edited by 87.5ea82txt