Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Sure you can. You get taller springs, or spacers that make the car ride higher. But as Jack points out, you wouldn't want to. The SVX is a sports coupe. It's odd enough to see a lifted sedan (SUS, e.g.), but a coupe? That's just silly. Raised suspensions are for offroading, lowered suspensions are for cornering.

Yes, you can lift the SVX, but its gonn be custom all around, the outback or forester struts should fit, i don't know which ones, so you'll have to experiment, but that would give you about 2 inches. If you're good with a welder, the sky is the limit.

I wanna see pictures when its done.

the outback or forester struts should fit, i don't know which ones, so you'll have to experiment,

Actually there are aren't any other Soobs that you can get stuts from without some major modifications. The rears aren't too bad, you need to grind down the spindle where the strut attaches. The front would require the same grinding as the rears as well as welding tabs onto the strut to attach the sway bar.

• 2 weeks later...
um.... I have to ask the question that is on everyone's mind; why would you want to? (I'm sure you must have expected this one).

then you would have to ask yourself this question:eek: ........why does anyone lift anything?...clearance. what do a lot of people do? transplant a more powerful engine do of coarse...more power. it would be like killin 2 birds with 1 stone.

um.... I have to ask the question that is on everyone's mind; why would you want to? (I'm sure you must have expected this one).

then you would have to ask yourself this question..........why does anyone lift anythng?......................clearance. and many people end up transplanting a more powerful engine, so why not kill 2 birds with one stone and step outside the box and do something different.

Yay! my first post in new gen!:grin: I wouldn't mind seeing a lifted svx, maybe you could find a cheap one thats already been beaten up, then it wouldn't be too bad. Why not. I say go for it and show everyone what it'd be like to wheel in style.:headbang:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!:grin:

I think it would be kinda cool as well. If its yours do what you want with it. Who cares what others think. I've seen a lot of, IMO mind you, stupid things done to cars that were much worse than this idea. However since the cars weren't mine who am I to say "I can't believe they ruined a perfectly good......." . I say go for it. If you like it thats all that matters.

Craig

one word is YES if your keen, and why do it because you can :D there is guy around here that has lifted a couple of vortexs and they look great as well as turning heads (people going what the f#% is that????) they were rare here anyway. i'm hoping my brother will sell me his cheap one day and i can do it :) and just a bit of trivia for you the only sold 249 SVX's here in australia total so they are a bit rare, but i'd still lift it

camo