Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 Disty?

Well I think its time for a new disty. My crank angle codes issue is gunna burn out my check engine light if I don't replace the darned thing.It started coming on intermitidly 6k miles ago with not much reason or rhyme,but the CE is not going to shut up over this even after having it read again and reset. She's still runnin' great at 125k but I've stupped to putting black electric tape over the CE light so only a sliver of red shows through only to the driver side. The Suby Dealer wants $600 :eek:. Can I get some feedback on where I should look to acquire another used/new disty for my rig. Pro's / con's and maybe some links and what to expect. Thanks a bunch this SITE rocks:headbang: . IT has been an invaluable tool . Thanks a lot!!!:burnout:

It's a '92 Loyal 4x4 5sp a/c and the disty that's in it now has 2 rows of #'s. 22100AA440 and under that is D4P86-03B1805 I dont know if that helps? Thanks

Gary is right. Check here on the board. I sold 2 a while back for between $25-30.

Although, if you are not having any functional difficulties associated with the code, I would start with by clearing the codes and checking the wiring.

I have had 2 EA82 optical dizzies crap out on me. THey make themselves real obvious when they don't work anymore;)

I would have thought that if something in the disty has failed or broken, wouldnt this have a severe inpact on how the engine runs, if at all.

It could just be wiring, or the ecu has been known to throw false codes for the wrong problem before. Have you cleared your codes?

Well I think its time for a new disty. My crank angle codes issue is gunna burn out my check engine light if I don't replace the darned thing.It started coming on intermitidly 6k miles ago with not much reason or rhyme,but the CE is not going to shut up over this even after having it read again and reset. She's still runnin' great at 125k but I've stupped to putting black electric tape over the CE light so only a sliver of red shows through only to the driver side. The Suby Dealer wants $600 :eek:. Can I get some feedback on where I should look to acquire another used/new disty for my rig. Pro's / con's and maybe some links and what to expect. Thanks a bunch this SITE rocks:headbang: . IT has been an invaluable tool . Thanks a lot!!!:burnout:

What year ,what model?

Jude