Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where to get rebuilt distributors?

call them back and ask where they got their parts from. the crank angle sensor built into the distributor should be easily replaced if you can source the part.

otherwise they were the only source i knew of. how about two used units, that should last you as long as one rebuilt one!

Every so often one will show up on eBay for about $100. I picked one up there recently and keep it stashed as a back up. You can also rebuild it yourself in a few hours. Napa carries the bushings and they tap out pretty easily with a punch. A new ignition module can be spendy, but I scored my current one for an incredible $20 on eBay. One good thing to know is that while the EA81 and EA82 distributors have different bodies many of the internals are the same. I have a whole box of distributors that I use for parts etc. All in all I could probably conjure up 3 working distributors which should be enough to last me until the sun burns out.

All in all I could probably conjure up 3 working distributors which should be enough to last me until the sun burns out.
This is the way to go; I probably scored the last distributor delivered by roo-builders (sad, I think Kevin was an okay guy; hard to see a guy lose his business). When I installed it, I also put the original, working distributor in my "stash" box along with parts and internals for another 4 or 5; with three brats in the family, you can never have enough spare parts for a 22 year old car!