Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA to EJ swap.....cruise?

Numbchux

I've got a '92 loyale, needs serious motor work

I've got a complete EJ motor (or will, hopefully soon), not sure on the donor car

the loyale has factory cruise control, can this be kept with the EJ swap? or only if the ECU is out of a car with cruise....

if you can get it to work it wont be easy. the Loyale ECU controls the cruse, if you go EJ you wont have the Loyale ECU. you will have to find a doner car that also has cruse and try to build a hybred cruse system. the Loyale uses a vacuume system on the gas pedal to control the cruse, the EJ system dose not.

not impossable but would not be real easy.

my doner car did not have cruse control, so my GL-10 now has no cruse. but i had to swap out gas pedals and everything, so i had nothing to work with.

-=Suberdave=-

Probably the easiest thing to do would be to find a stand-alone aftermarket cruise control from JC Whitney or something.

I've never had a car with cruise, so it doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me, but if you want to have cruise, go for it and let us know how it works!

well, my dad's driving my donor car :banghead:

I mentioned to him when he was going to the junkyard yesterday that I wanted some cruise parts, so he found an early legacy, and started pulling stuff.

and then we looked at the chiltons wiring diagram.

I think this'll be EASY!!