Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A few ea82t qtns... Wiring and ecu related

A few issues i have encountered in my turbo conversion...

Does anybody know what ecu pin the WGDS is on a 4 plug ecu?

I have 2 diagrams and they both say different things. One says pin 13 and i dont remember the other.

Also, where is the WGDS connector located, is it near the resistor pack connector.

I am not getting codes for knock sensor or o2 sensor, even though they are not plugged in yet:-\

On an MPFI car, there is a bracket on top of the resistor pack that holds the boost sw on a turbo car, what goes there on an mpfi car?

Cheers

here are some pictures of the area where the WGDS is and what it looks like.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55964

not sure on pin number for it.

you can use a continuity tester to check for pins if you're not sure.

i wonder if the ECU is capable of running without those disconnected and not show a trouble code? i know the car will run fine without the O2 sensor disconnected and i'm pretty sure it won't show a CEL as i've driven that way many times. it will throw a CEL if it has compromised input from those sensors, but doesn't care if they are connected or not.

on an MPFI i don't believe there is anything in place of the boost switch. but i'd like clarification because i just swapped from turbo to non-turbo. if you need that bracket i have one i don't need from my conversion.

Thanks guys

Now.. i have the resistor pack bracket from the mpfi and it has the boost sw holder, but i cant remember if there was something in it or not.

Where exactly on the wiring loom is the plug for the wgds located, i wanna see if the wire is in the loom somewhere.

Gonna try to fire it up soon,... any suggestions on things i should do before i start it.

How long can i run it with no water/radiator. I just wanna see if it starts, prob less than a minute.

Thanks again

Gannon