Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA-82 Fan Clutch

My fan clutch is worn out and I am looking fro alternatives in case I can't find one in the junk yard. Is there way to rig it to where it will stay permanently locked up? Also, has anyone had luck with electric cooling fans? The part cost $200 at the local Subaru Dealer.:mad:

Sure - just replace with an electric fan - the AC electric fan from an EA81 is thin and should work without a whole lot of modification - you can wire it to run when the AC comes on, or with the existing electric fan. There are also a ton of aftermarket radiator fans out there to be had. Just measure it up and see what you can find.

GD

I have no mechanical fans left on any of my EA82's. I run the stock electric fan + an EA81 electric fan (actually two EA81's, have one on my intercooler also they are small and thin) on the RX. On the lifted Sedan I run the stock electric fan + a 10" flex-a-lite on the outside of the drivers's side. I personally hate the clutch fans, but if you want to put yours back on I think I have a few good clutches sitting in my piles of parts, and I'm probably not that far away depending on where in Denver you are.