Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hazard Flashers Won't Shut Off!!

I need to turn to you guys once again. 1999 Forester. After turning on the hazards and shutting them off, they stayed on. I've switched the switch several times but they stay on. I removed the flasher unit and they stop (duh) but turn signals don't work then. Any ideas? Flasher unit? Switch?

Thank you for any help. John

I need to turn to you guys once again. 1999 Forester. After turning on the hazards and shutting them off, they stayed on. I've switched the switch several times but they stay on. I removed the flasher unit and they stop (duh) but turn signals don't work then. Any ideas? Flasher unit? Switch?

Thank you for any help. John

The switch is broken. Where is the switch located (i dont remeber). i would pull the switch and disconnect it, then put the flasher back in and you should have turn signals again

nipper

Would this have anything to do with the oft mentioned "doh" switch on top of the steering column? Common things happen commonly.

A very approprate name for that switch. I was trying to diagnose this problem from 1000 miles away. (my son's car) When he made the 20th call to me late last night it was to say he had something very stupid to confess to me........yup, the duh switch. I love your quote! Thankx

Dontcha just love happy endings.

A very approprate name for that switch. I was trying to diagnose this problem from 1000 miles away. (my son's car) When he made the 20th call to me late last night it was to say he had something very stupid to confess to me........yup, the duh switch. I love your quote! Thankx