Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey Peeps, Im a noobie here!!

Hey all,

Just thought i'd say hi..

Ive just purchased a 89' Omega Turbo Wagon, it has the EA82T engine, 5 speed manual, air suspension ( which i hate ), full time 4WD.. Ive just brought it as a hack about car really.. but i like it aye, it fun to drive.. other then the bouncy suspension..

It it hard to get more power from these?

ive noticed it doesnt have a B.O.V either, is it hard to install one?

What boost do they run factory, and how much can i i run without exploding anything? we have 98 octane pump gas by the way

can you get rid of the air suspension and just use normal shocks and springs, if so what car do i get them from?

If i take the air suspension out is it going to affect anything else?

and is there any bad things about these cars that i should know about?

And yes i will search and i probably will find the answer to most of my question while im reading the posts etc.. but i thought id kill two birds with one stone.

Cheers

Jas

air suspension can be replaced with coils/struts.

dont bother with a BOV

runs 7psi stock, I'd add an intercooler before you start boosting it. then it woud be wise to add a BPV.

heats kills these cars, a good radiator, IC are a must

now you can search for details,;)

air suspension can be replaced with coils/struts.

dont bother with a BOV

runs 7psi stock, I'd add an intercooler before you start boosting it. then it woud be wise to add a BPV.

heats kills these cars, a good radiator, IC are a must

now you can search for details,;)

from what cars can i get struts to fit? will WRX ones work?

Why not add a BOV as the relieve pressure from the turbo?

BPV?

Welcome to the insanity!! :D

i personally dont know much about the turbo cars, but lots of info available here - just use the search function and you will find answers to your questions.

most of the guys/gals with the air suspensions have replaced them with the strut/coil setup. there should be plenty of info available on that subject.

Not going to get any huge hp gains out of these cars - they just dont have the aftermarket stuff available.

but for all around fun - they are great!! Enjoy your Subaru. :cool:

older generation EA82 cars are not directly interchangeable with EJ series cars (the newer EJ22, EJ25 and also the 1.8 and 2.0 liter imprezas etc). if you do the 5 lug conversion with XT6 parts or impreza parts you can get wrx/impreza front struts and wrx wheels.

agreed on keeping that engine cool. watch the cooling system, replace hoses and radiators BEFORE they break.

Have a look at ausubaru.com there are a few other NZ people on there as well

A bypass valve is also known as a plumb back blow off valve or stealth blow off valve (this is what they are often refered to as in aftermarket parts stores)

I think that 18psi is the highest i have heard of, but i wouldn't try that without extensive engine mods.

And yeah heat is your enemy