Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What is that supposed to go to?

so im diggin around lookin for the green connectors for timing under the dash. i found those, and i also found a random connector (left of pic)that didnt look like it had a counterpart. it doesnt mate with the white connector in the background.

and what are the black ones for?

DSC00947.jpg

so im diggin around lookin for the green connectors for timing under the dash. i found those, and i also found a random connector (left of pic)that didnt look like it had a counterpart. it doesnt mate with the white connector in the background.

and what are the black ones for?

Heck if I know what the random white connector is.

The two black ones are for checking the codes stored in your ECU.

More info here in the USRM

You have to realize that if you dig around in the wiring harness you'll find tons of connectors with no apparent purpose. They didn't make a different custom harness for each trim package, so the white connector is likely for an option you don't have. With the cruise control, you may need to adjust the clutch and brake pedal cut-out switches. The clutch gets out of adjustment and the switch won't let you turn on the cruise system.

GD

my 88 hatch has the green ones, but that's it. there's a big yellow one that doesn't seem to do anything, but i don't have the black or the white connectors either. i'm clueless, my cel keeps coming on and i don't know how to pull the codes.

The 85 Turbo I sold to a friend had the green ones under the dash, and the white/black ones under the hood.

Also, to read current codes, you just need to turn the key to on and count flashes. Just need the whites if you want to see the stored codes.

On my BRAT the green plug and the blue plug in that area are to reset the EGR valve timer.

If green and green are connected and the dash light is on switch to the blue one(about every 50,000 miles) It's just a reminder light to check the EGR.