Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I used seafoam to clean the top end this weekend. sucked in through the break vacum line. it had all the expected results. ran rough for a while....lots of white smoke, but the CEL also came on. The car is running much smoother and starts quicker then before, but after about 8 starts the cEL is still on. should i get codes pulled or ignore it?

In my limited experience the CEL shuts off after a bunch of starts if it doesnt detect the problem again... right? Could the rough idle after the seafoam triggered somthing?

give it a week, i'd bet money its a misfire code, should go away after X amount of drive cycles where the engine reads normal operating temperature.

+1 misfire code

Wait or clear by disconnecting neg. batt. term. ,step on brake pedal, wait 20-30 mins. , reconnect batt.

If it comes back, definitely get the code.

Carl

You just poured a barely combustable mixture though your engine. Should you really be surprised it caused a misfire?

You would have to use a tiny trickle to avoid that. Odds are if you clear the code you'll be fine, but sometimes you can get a bit of carbon on a plug that needs to be cleaned off. Most times it will just burn off.