Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Leaking GAS! (3.00$ a Gal.!!!) What is this part?

Mine leaks from ther also, but its a very mild drip. I have a leaking gas tank so that is my main concern right now.

I just have to find the time to drop it, and well since the rear had to be droped also just to take out the dam tank. It sounds like a good time to me :rolleyes: .

I just hope all goes well, and nothig breaks such as bolts.

Ok, On my 93 Loyale 5spd. SW pushbutton 4WD, it is dripping gas from some sort of "metal diaphragm"? It is coming from about 1 ft in front of the right rear wheel, near the fuel pump. An suggestions? I can get pics tomorrow if it will help.

Thanks Tyler

It's the pulsation damper on the fuel pump. I know exactly what you're talking about - it's the reason I got my GL for $350. I replaced the entire fuel pump assembly because I couldn't figure out how to get the damper off, and the pump was starting to make some interesting noises anyway.

You could probably eliminate it if you wanted. It's on the high pressure side of the fuel system, so be careful when you take the pump out - it sprays.

You can drop the fuel pump tray, disconnect the wires & fuel lines, and work on it out in the open if you want. Be sure to plug the line coming out of the fuel tank - it's big, and dumps a lot of gas down your arm. Pliers on that will help reduce the leakage until you can cap/plug it.

-=Russ=-