Ultimate Subaru Message Board

um, I can't remember what I have but think they're 3.90 I can't remember. I changed them though. I mean, when I got the 94 tranny and put it in my 90 wagon it came with different gearing so I had to replace the rear too. I do not have the original because of core charges. Wait on second though, I might have left them at my friends house a few miles from here. I can't remember though...

I drive very fast some of the time and the rest of the time I just drive decently fast. Thing is, I think it's worth it to drive the way I enjoy driving over suffering by driving slow just to save a little money. I could care less.

I just filled up my tank last night and I got 23 again. I think I've determined I get 23 mpg from the last like 5 tanks in a row. Same driving habits nothing has changed.

I have over 450 tank fills recorded over 136,000 miles on my 1996 Legacy sedan 2.2L Auto. Total average is about 23.8 mpg.

In town is definitely low 20s while straight highway can get low 30s if you aren't putting your foot into it.

They cars aren't that great on gas compared to their 2WD counterparts like Honda/Toyota. But I was after capability in the wet/snow than optimal fuel economy when I bought this car.

yea but the 4 cylinder Camry and Accords dont have as much horsepower either. Well against the 2.5L anyway and like I said, I get 32 on the highway. :banana:

I'd love to attain that kind of mpg. My 99 Forester (2.5L) MT got 24 mpg on the first tank, then I changed the oil (valvoline high mileage, dunno if that matters or not) and filters--now I'm getting 28 mpg highway.

Have you done anything special to get up to 32? That seems an astounding number for the 2.5L engine which has an EPA of 27 hwy.

My '90 5MT legacy sedan, with 230,000m gets right around 30mpg with mixed city/highway driving. Hard driving with passengers/gear in the mountains, or lots of shiitty gridlock driving, yeilds ~25mpg. So yours sounds low to me, but I suppose the AT takes it's toll, at least to some degree.