Ultimate Subaru Message Board

the day it quit working, it shut off without touching the brakes (if it matters).

the round can that the cable goes to, the vac line that goes to this and runs to the pass side is good. are their any other vac lines.

when i turn it on the light in the middle of the button lights up.

how do i check the brake light.

could that little can that the vac hose goes to be bad.

i just looked at it and their is a plug next to it with 2 wires a green and a white. what is this for

first question, do you have all your barke lights

Second to they go on and off 9all of them) when they are supposed too.

Do you know how to use a multimeter.

i seriously doubt its the "little can that the vac hose goes to " thats bad.

nipper

This is in itself indicative of excellent hearing ability, now I'll let the Nipper chime back in for something more intelligent to say.:banana:

hehehehehehe

Well it means the coil works, doesnt mean the contacts are any good.

There is an inhibitor relay, a main relay (which is what you heard). There is a cruise control pump. The brake switch has 4 termnials to be checked. There is also a diode box somewhere, any of these can cause the cruise to go poof. Its not a complicated system. Unfortunitly not much to do to diagnose it either, asdie from letting the dealer plug into it and see whats what.

nipper

i dont htik its the pump as these things are robust. looks like the red/blu wire is hot and the black is ground. Use a meter and check for any opens on that circuit. You can hot wire it maybe to see if it runs. Do you hear a relay click with the cruise on and the brake pressed?

nipper

what is the box on the right strut tower. is it the pump. how do i test it.

i will test the brake switch as soon an i get a chance.

When the CC went out on my Loyale the problem turned out to be the shut off switch on the brake pedal. It needed to be adjusted closer to the pedal so when the pedal was in the normal position it would open the switch. Indicating to the CC system that brake was not in use. The switch was seperate from the brake switch. Using your voltmeter, you should be able to see when the switch is open and closed by watching the voltage across the switch.

• 1 month later...

If the inhibit section is working ok it looks to me there should be 12 volts on pin 15 of the cruise control module. My info shows it to be a Yel/blk wire.

There are two fuses involved with the cruise control, #8 and #12. Are they both good?

#12 is labeled as stop/horn. i looked at all the fuses and they all are good. i pulled the right kick panel and there is just alot of wires. their was 4 or 5 different color plugs but i didn't see no module.

#12 is labeled as stop/horn. i looked at all the fuses and they all are good. i pulled the right kick panel and there is just alot of wires. their was 4 or 5 different color plugs but i didn't see no module.

Sorry that the info was not correct. You might try PMing Legacy 777 about this. He would most likely know the answer to this riddle.