Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my new dashlights!

i used clear bulbs and a red magic marker. since i had to replace some burned out lights anyway i fingered i would try it out. i'm gonna do my dome and glove box lights too. if you have the amber lights don't worry about marking the yellow plastic with the red marker. it comes out fine. i also suggest replacing ALL the bulbs since you will have the dash cracked open anyways. those old bulbs are suprisingly brittle....

on the digital ones there is a tinted peice of clear plastic which makes all the electronics that don't light up inside the dash invisible from the driver's perspective. Maybe you could just take the front part off and cut a big piece of colored transparency and place it on top to chance the color as it goes through it...

if you do so, you'll lose all the marks, letters and everything else, except what lights up, not very handy

plus that when your dash is originally red, putting a blue piece of plastic in front of it, won't make it blue, but more....uhm.... maroon I guess? :confused:

anyway, ugly :lol:

i have red bulbs i got from advance auto. 4 bucks for 4 lights. the 194. i now have inverted tip blue led. got those from pep boys. the only thing i do not like about the blue, is that the needles do not show up as well. hhhmmm. how to fix that? :-\ cool dash lights man.

post-17377-136027616858_thumb.jpg