Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Qjet on ea82 custom intake pics

how is it at low rpms?

since I still have my adapters, I may go back to a 4 barrel, but probably just a 390 cfm. the 600 cfm was awesome in the gravel pit at wcss7 because of the high rpm's, but for street, trail crawling it sucked. it wasn't happen below 2500 rpms...

The beauty of the Quadrajet is that the secondaries will only open as much as the engine needs them too. I doubt the EA82 will open them up more than 25% even above redline with the rods flying out of the bottom!!

And the small primaries probably aren't much bigger than a stock 2 barrel Hitachi. Easily tuned jets and metering rods for both the primaries and secondaries make it the best fuel delivery system other than FI...if they're tuned right.

Let's see pics of the manifold and adapters you used.

Good job:headbang:

The beauty of the Quadrajet is that the secondaries will only open as much as the engine needs them too. I doubt the EA82 will open them up more than 25% even above redline with the rods flying out of the bottom!!

And the small primaries probably aren't much bigger than a stock 2 barrel Hitachi. Easily tuned jets and metering rods for both the primaries and secondaries make it the best fuel delivery system other than FI...if they're tuned right.

Let's see pics of the manifold and adapters you used.

Good job:headbang:

I did not use a adapter, I built the manifold and carb plate from scratch. I only use the primary side of the carb. with the rite jets it works great. I started rich and worked my way down!!! you can get a lot more threw a Qjet then the 2 barrel Hitachi!!!!

I did not use a adapter, I built the manifold and carb plate from scratch. I only use the primary side of the carb. with the rite jets it works great. I started rich and worked my way down!!! you can get a lot more threw a Qjet then the 2 barrel Hitachi!!!!

Please say you have a pic of the manifold!

If your only using the primaries, than it's safe to say that a Dualjet carb would work huh?

yep, they do...it was used on many 79-80 olds/buick/pontiac 3.8 v6 motors and 79-80 301 pontiac engines and 267 olds motors, the same years...after 1980 they went to computer controlled 2-jets...which will not work since they use a mixture solenoid.