Ultimate Subaru Message Board

:) Thought I would post a pic of my Baja down by the Rogue River here in Southern Oregon. Took the kids down to play and swim and it gave me an excuse to get my Baja in the sand a little. I love the versatility of the little Baja! Check out the attached link as I couldn't seem to get my pic downloaded here. The pic was even under 50kb, so I don't know what gives.http://scoobytruck.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=665&sid=0f69dd411720ce9c6417cb9e4f06cec8

Spacinjason

'06 Baja Turbo MT

boy u know what the baja does look good. But they should update the design. And make it a real truck, and a put a H6.

I hear ya! A little more aggressive looks would be nice, and I would have optioned for the H6 in a heartbeat if it had been available, especially a turbo H6. It's still the funnest little rig I've ever had!

Spacinjason

'06 Baja Turbo MT:burnout:

I hear ya! A little more aggressive looks would be nice, and I would have optioned for the H6 in a heartbeat if it had been available, especially a turbo H6. It's still the funnest little rig I've ever had!

Spacinjason

'06 Baja Turbo MT:burnout:

Plus a pair of the Brat seats in the bed:clap:

Well, while you're at it you might as well wish for a fusion motor. The Baja is history. IMO it fell victim to poor execution - the concept SXT or whatever it was called had a disappearing midgate, like the Chevy Avalanche. If the Baja had that, I think it would be a big hit because then it could function as a true truck. But the little "acess hatch" wasn't enough to transform the Baja into a useful utility vehicle, and by 2005 it was clear that the Baja just wasn't going to make it, sales wise.

Too bad. In this day and age with $3+/gallon gas, I'll bet there are a lot of people with 17-19mpg Frontiers and Tacomas who would love to have the utility of a truly economical truck.

It may be that the Baja's biggest misfortune was that it came just a couple of years too soon. More's the pity.