Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What would you guys pay????

I am currently looking at an 86 Subaru GL DR with 244,000 miles. It is going to need a new CV assembly and brakes all around. What do you guys think a fair price for this would be? I have included a pic of the outside. The interior is in good condition. I am trying to buy it to resell after fixing it up.

I'd say $200 - $350. It looks pretty rough (but then again it's sitting in the weeds). If it was pristine inside it might go for more but with the money you'll need to put into it (CV, brakes etc.), the highe mileage etc. I would be inclined to offer low.

Kevin

yeah you wouldnt make any money on that if you bought it to fix it up then sell it. maybe if you kept it for 20 years.

looks like an '84 DL 4wd to me, and I dont see the rust, paint looks like it probably needs work if you want it to look nice. with it needing an axle and brakes I'd say 200-250 at most, and its probably gonna need tires too... dd/offroad project, otherwise I wouldnt buy it.

Consider that your going to probably put anywhere from $200 - $500 into it. You say it needs CV jopints and brakes and with that much mileage I'd be surprised if there aren't more than a few other things that will need ot be fixed (especially if you want to fix it up and sell it).

Kevin