Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Question about different tire sizes

DL92SW

About the same as 205/75R14's in diameter, but not width. The Interco Swampers aren't labeled that way - they label the actual size. And I think the Interco's are the only ones I know of that are 8.5" wide...... definately not a 75 for width.

My MT's are 215/75R15's, and they are about 28.5", and around 7" wide.

GD

When I got tires, I got tires that were labled 27x8.50xR14. The tire shops here all where familiar with this size as it is some sort of 'common' size for tires. . . Mine are Cooper Discoverers.

Also, I think this is a perfect size for oversized tires on the old 'ru's.

About the same as 205/75R14's in diameter, but not width. The Interco Swampers aren't labeled that way - they label the actual size. And I think the Interco's are the only ones I know of that are 8.5" wide...... definately not a 75 for width.

GD

Again, where do you come up with this stuff?

205 is how wide the tire is.

75 is the height of the tire, wheel to top or bottom, or 75% of 205.

75 has nothing to do with the width.

You gotta stop this stuff or change your name to general disinformation.

My experience with Interco is limited to tires you don't Normally see on Roos, such as 33s 35s 36s etc. but I know that these larger tires are actually 2 inches shorter than they are labeled.

If any of you need to know any actual tire sizes that Firestone puts out I can get that info for ya, I work for them... I have our tire guy looking for a semi-aggressive set of 215/75- 15s at the moment.

My experience with Interco is limited to tires you don't Normally see on Roos, such as 33s 35s 36s etc. but I know that these larger tires are actually 2 inches shorter than they are labeled.

If any of you need to know any actual tire sizes that Firestone puts out I can get that info for ya, I work for them... I have our tire guy looking for a semi-aggressive set of 215/75- 15s at the moment.

Cooper makes some - better known as the Les-Shwab Wildcat EXT. Mine are also that size, and are made by Hankook - Korean make - getting very popular with the off-road community. They have a 6 ply sidewall, which is the most I could find in radial. I've not hurt one yet other than some scrapes and such.

GD