Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A Thought for Subaru: 200,000 mile (320,000km) club.

I mean how many car companies have such a thing with any members in them? I know I certainly would join (I just qualified, By the way)!!

This thread could also be called "Reflections on 200,000 miles". . .

Both Emily and Pegasus are above 200K now, but my reflections are mostly on Emily (as she is my car). at 200K, she starts and runs smoothly (so smooth at idle that I place a glass of water on the intake manifold and the water inside hardly moves at all), produces enough power to break traction (briefly. I get a good solid chirp, then take off like a scalded cat) and will hold 120MPH (and be rock stable at that speed).

I have done a few things to her over the years:

Upgraded the seats to the "plush" seats from a 91 LS

Upgraded the wheels to LS Alloy (Teardrop type)

added a towing hitch

added a rear swaybar

replaced the stereo with an OEM unit from a 91 LS (to get the AUX port)

added a CD player from an SVX

installed an OEM sunroof

installed an OEM luggage rack

installed a deflector on the tailgate

Oh, and I just got through refurbishing the engine:

New headgaskets ( I wanted to see the condition of the cylender walls. Factory hash marks are prominent. No other marks I can see)

new intake and exaust manifold gaskets to go with the headgaskets

New cam and crank seals all around

valve cover gaskets and grommets

new gaskets for the crossover pipe

block heater (I had it laying around, and who knows. . .maybe. . .)

new (well, new to me) clutch kit from a 2.5L Impreza

drilled (lightweight) flywheel

about two days of cleaning the engine because I had cleaned the insides of the engine (seafoam in the oil), and the gunk was all that was keeping the engine from leaking (new seals fixed this).

I have gone to Mobil 1 10W30 oil and a 5K interval. I was using just any dino 10W30 and a 3K interval. the oil always came out clean. I'll stick with the 5K interval with the synthetic as that is how far I trust my filter (I'm going with the midrange NAPA filter made by WIX).

I'm getting a good solid 25MPG mixed city and highway, with 27 plus on highway alone.

Will I ever buy any other make of car, or recomend such to anyone I care about? Not on your life. A friend asked me if this car was going to be the best car I have ever had when I'm done. . . She already is the best. By a significant margin. Somebody get me a 200,000 mile club sticker to put on my car!!!

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

I mean how many car companies have such a thing with any members in them? I know I certainly would join (I just qualified, By the way)!!

This thread could also be called "Reflections on 200,000 miles". . .

Volvo does have a 100,000, 200,000, etc. badge.

I wish Subaru would do this.

My father owns an advertising company and could order us badges or stickers or something if enough people here are interested?