Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Aftermarket Steering Wheel ?

I know a few of you have installed nice steering wheels. What adapter is used and who sells it? P/N? Do we use a 3 ,5 or 6 hole/bolt wheel?

Thanks, r/ PK

... ooh Im a bad boy - just did a search and there's a lot of threads.

One easy question that I didn't get answered:

For an EA81, what is the wheel adapter type or P/N?

Grant makes an adaptor for the EA81 - part number 6596.

Momo used to make one, but it is now out of production. Once in a while some old stock will show up on ebay. It was a 7302. 7303 is for the EA82 and is also no longer made.

Another possibility would be to cut out the center of an old wheel and drill the holes for whatever pattern you plan to use.... probably be a lot cheaper anyway. :drunk:

Oh - almost forgot - a Justy steering wheel will fit the EA81's too. Something to consider anyway as it's a really cheap option.

GD

You can't really see my wheel too good in any of the pics I have online, but heres the best.

interior.jpg

It's a 300mm (12") SAAS wheel (cheap aussie brand) Personally I'd like it to be a lot more deep dish because I have long legs. Yes, I know it's on the wrong side of the car, get over it! :-p

I don't like the 5 stud Grant brand, because you can't get the steering wheels to fit here (not new anyhow, and all the ones I've seen are wooden and for old mustangs or something :-\)

there are a couple of momo adapters on ebay at the moment.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?p=502730#post502730

the little blue steering wheel I had was only about 12.5" I think, and it worked, but with stock tires. If lifted and bigger tires, and no PS, you do need a "stock" sized wheel...

the Benneton MOMO wheel I had at WCSS7 was just slightly smaller than stock I think, and it still worked....

the little blue steering wheel I had was only about 12.5" I think, and it worked, but with stock tires. If lifted and bigger tires, and no PS, you do need a "stock" sized wheel...
... I must be strong or something. I have no problems with my car with the 27" Kumho's or even with the 215/60 road tires on the pavment. I would of thought even my mum would be able to drive around car parks in my Brat (though she doesn't want to drive it because she doesn't want to learn how to drive another car...)

And once your moving it's better then a car with power steering.

Although, I'd say 13" to 14" would be a good size.