Ultimate Subaru Message Board

hi, my 2.5 Legacy sedan used to overheat...or it would tell me it was overheating, but after checking the engine it wouldn't be warm even to the touch. After plenty of scares we went to the repair shop several times and never produced same results when test driven. Finally decided guage was broken and haven't gone to fix it. It's driven less often now and we haven't had any more problems. I'm just wondering if this may be connected to the HG problem if the engine isn't really hot?

hi, my 2.5 Legacy sedan used to overheat...or it would tell me it was overheating, but after checking the engine it wouldn't be warm even to the touch. After plenty of scares we went to the repair shop several times and never produced same results when test driven. Finally decided guage was broken and haven't gone to fix it. It's driven less often now and we haven't had any more problems. I'm just wondering if this may be connected to the HG problem if the engine isn't really hot?

When the car is vomiting antifreeze its got a HG problem. Otherwise it can be a gauge (which is really rare on a sooby), bad alt or sending unit. The thing is not to take a chance and check.

nipper

so if i remember correctly i win whats in the showcase?

nipper

:clap:

Total was $1366 and change. They did the HG (Subaru of course), timing belt, two tensioners, new thermo & gasket (which I didn't need since I had just put in a Subaru one the week before :mad:), resurfacing of the head, oil/lube. Dropped it off on a Monday morning, had it back Thursday afternoon. This was at Dave's Import Service in Medford, Oregon. I highly recommend them to anyone in the area. Nice job Nipper...you win, uhhh...I'll buy you a beer if you're ever up this way!:D

:clap:

Total was $1366 and change. They did the HG (Subaru of course), timing belt, two tensioners, new thermo & gasket (which I didn't need since I had just put in a Subaru one the week before :mad:), resurfacing of the head, oil/lube. Dropped it off on a Monday morning, had it back Thursday afternoon. This was at Dave's Import Service in Medford, Oregon. I highly recommend them to anyone in the area. Nice job Nipper...you win, uhhh...I'll buy you a beer if you're ever up this way!:D

ill be in portland in a few days :drunk: