Ultimate Subaru Message Board

most powerfull Sube Engine?

FirstSubaruGLwagon

Here's the problem, most Japanese horsepower figure are not the actual horsepower output, they are ratings giving for insurance and an agreement between Japanese automakers that no car would produce more the 280 hp. Don't you think it a little strange that the hp in the newer WRX's never got over 280hp, dispite years of development. Heck, even the Type R's and RA's were rated at 280hp, the they are basically street got race cars with lots of internal STi goodies in the engines, to think that they had the same hp as the common street version WRX is crazy. But I think the overall most powerful Subaru engine was the flat 12 developed for Formula 1 racing.

Yeah the flat 12 was one sweet cookie but thats oldskool and i wouldnt mind getting one of those but....

If i had billions of dollars i would build 2 H-6 engines one for N/A Power with rods like titanium and such internals and with like 15-1 Compression Ratio a and one turbocharged with a GYNORMAS front mount intercooler and like a GT50R or equal turbo and have that thing forged and boosted up to the moon!!! along with an extreemly high redline for both id say 8500 minimum... ahhh if all subie lovers had lotsa money... we would concor the world of autos! :slobber: :slobber: