Ultimate Subaru Message Board

87 RX Blowthru Setup (56k Warning Pix Uploaded)

Or you could (if you like welding like me! :headbang:) just weld up a little cylinder shape or triangular box, fill it with Steel wool and "MAKE SURE" you put a drain on it to drain the oil. you can route all of your crankcase breathers everything through that then to the intake! my bro in law did that on his RS :banana: just a suggestion

this an interesting fix/mod.

I fully understand the theory and aplication but have a few concernes.

most turbos will pass some oil. so if you had the PCV system isolated you still will get some oil on the maf element over time. that of course leads to a lean condition.

lean bad. possible motor damage.

secondly the subaru maf Is a hot wire maf and uses the air charge temp to adjust mixture slightly. running after the turbo will cause it to assume its sucking down warm air all the time ( well big ol cone air filters do that too ) but its somthing to keep in mind as it will throw the system off slightly.

I fit in the bypass valve camp.

I have run multiple bypass setups with great sucess and no drawbacks. yeah the noise does not attract the attention of many bystanders but it is verry functional.

and really.. I draw enough attention just by driving strange cars. no need to ask for more.

this an interesting fix/mod.

I fully understand the theory and aplication but have a few concernes.

most turbos will pass some oil. so if you had the PCV system isolated you still will get some oil on the maf element over time. that of course leads to a lean condition.

lean bad. possible motor damage.

secondly the subaru maf Is a hot wire maf and uses the air charge temp to adjust mixture slightly. running after the turbo will cause it to assume its sucking down warm air all the time ( well big ol cone air filters do that too ) but its somthing to keep in mind as it will throw the system off slightly.

I fit in the bypass valve camp.

I have run multiple bypass setups with great sucess and no drawbacks. yeah the noise does not attract the attention of many bystanders but it is verry functional.

and really.. I draw enough attention just by driving strange cars. no need to ask for more.

HAHAHA, said well. Start up enrichment under cold temperatures is off slightly, once warm not an issue. I'll be putting in a catch can this weekend and pulling the setup apart to inspect the mas.

• 4 weeks later...

RTY,

:clap:

Beautiful Job on the blow-through!!!!

You may have already posted on these inquiries... if so, a kick in the right direction thread-wise would be fantastic... There is ALOT of info in the forums... I get disoriented sometimes!

1) What preps, if ANY, to the carb.... or just relying on the full seal of the box??

2)Did you wind up using a Malpassi regulator or some such to adjust fuel pressure under boost?

3)What did you wind up doing for fuel return line?

Hats off to you; Respectfully,

1989 Subaru JUSTY RS 4WD

122, 892 miles