Ultimate Subaru Message Board

some 15"' questions

Jellef

I am going to be upgradding to some 15" pug alloys soon. I will be going from the 4 spoke style (185/70SR13) to 205/60R15 snow tires mounted on the pugs.

1. They will fit, right?

2. How much will my power decrease? Noticable?

3. How much will gas milage decrease?

4. will tires of comperable tread patter handle better/worse in bad weather or in the dirt between the two sizes?

5. Will they decrease the value of my car if i get rid of the original rims?

6. Should i keep the original 4 spokes?

One thing that I like about running my 215/60R15's is the longer gears. First pulls for a lot longer and gives faster 0 - 60, even though it is slower acceleration through first gear. But it still is annoying at traffic lights. My 27" M/T's are much worse.

You'll notice a slight drop in power. You may get better, but most likely worse mpg. I have noticed my 215's are much slipperier on dirt then the 175's I used to have. They are to wide for the weight of the car. But they are fine on the pavement even in the soaking wet.

Just make sure you don't get stuck with the 390 metric rims. Good luck with it.

I am going to be upgradding to some 15" pug alloys soon. I will be going from the 4 spoke style (185/70SR13) to 205/60R15 snow tires mounted on the pugs.

1. They will fit, right?

4. will tires of comperable tread patter handle better/worse in bad weather or in the dirt between the two sizes?

Try this to see how the tire change will affect your car's performance:

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

1. They will fit, right?

you can also go to tirerack.com and enter your stock tire size.. click on one example, and find "sizes" and click on that.. that page will tell you the outside diameter of that tire, and every other size in that tire's product line. find a 15 inch tire that has the same outside diameter, and youre looking at the exact same overall gearing, and your speedo will stay accurate too.

EDIT

Phizinza was just kind enough to inform me that that was my 666th post. MWAHAHAHAHAHA:headbang: