Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Parking lites stuck ON 95 Lagacy wagon

Our front and rear parking lights won't go off. We have to pull the fuse.

We let grandson clean the dash area with wet sponge, and thereafter the lights apparently are always on, killing battery.

Is this part available, easy to fix? Is spraying with electrical lube like LPS a good idea?

There is a parking light switch on top of your steering column. You have to scootch up on the seat and look through the steering wheel to see it, or you can see it when standing outside the car.

Turn the switch off, and the parking lights will go out.

Your grandson hit the switch when he was cleaning the dash. It happens to every Subaru owner at least once. Welcome to the club!

I did that one to myself. I was waiting for my wife and cleaning the car with a rag. When she came out the lights were acting funny. Luckily I knew where I just been cleaning. The one I do now and then that makes me feel senile is to hit the fogligght switch and drive around with them on like a simpleton for a week or so. That little warning light is hidden behind my Forester steering wheel.