Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 overheat - hypothetical....

ive gotta find me one of these here "e a eighty ones" yall keep jawin about...

i have NEVER seen one in my junkyards. :- (

Yeah - we are filthy with them. Well - we used to be anyway. Few years back I remember going to the yard one day and finding at least two dozen EA81's. Back then EA82's were rare in the yards, and Legacy's didn't exist at all. Now it's the EA82's that are comming out my butt (I've got four right now - last yard trip they had about 30), and Legacy's are common too. They have (had maybe) 3 EA81's at my closest yard last week.

GD

Yeah - we are filthy with them. Well - we used to be anyway. Few years back I remember going to the yard one day and finding at least two dozen EA81's. Back then EA82's were rare in the yards, and Legacy's didn't exist at all. Now it's the EA82's that are comming out my butt (I've got four right now - last yard trip they had about 30), and Legacy's are common too. They have (had maybe) 3 EA81's at my closest yard last week.

GD

makes you feel old, huh? i remember when my brother bought an '82 280ZX in 1994, we all thought it was the bee's knees... a Z that was only twelve years old! wow! i hadnt been in one of those since i was an infant! now, I watched the first gen Zcars come and go in the boneyards before i actually bought one.. they dried up right then.. and the 280ZXs are becoming rare. MAYBE one of them there, on any given trip.

when i first became fully aware of this trend, i started picturing new model cars, 10-15 years hence.. you see a brand new Scion XB and just cant WAIT for the days when those POSs are out there by the score, you know? finally get to have at 'em with a louisville slugger.... OR the beloved BFH :banana:

The problem on the EA82's is that two row's are either extremely rare, or were never done at all from the factory. I've yet to see one anyway...

GD

According to most of the parts suppliers I deal with, the EA82T with the 4EAT came with a two-row rad from the factory.

Whenever I need a radiator in an EA82, I just order one for a hypothetical 89 turbowagon with an automatic, and I get a two-row radiator.

According to most of the parts suppliers I deal with, the EA82T with the 4EAT came with a two-row rad from the factory.

Whenever I need a radiator in an EA82, I just order one for a hypothetical 89 turbowagon with an automatic, and I get a two-row radiator.

Makes sense - lots of heat from both engine and transmission, and by that time in the production the head cracking/gasket issues were well known. So it basically was a very late introduction to the EA82T. Good to know.

GD