Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Do I have to SHOUT. Said it before, I'll say it again... if you had the same issue documented numerous times while under warranty, a good dealership should put their tail between their legs, admit incompetence to the regional rep and get this buggy fixed. Don't email SOA, call them and don't let go. You've called them before while under warranty so they should have a case number. Get them to set up a meeting at a dealership with the regional rep... not a phone call.

BTW, what is the particular electrical problem you are having? There are some pretty good diagnosticians on board here that might just come up with a solution in the meanwhile.

Do I have to SHOUT. Said it before, I'll say it again... if you had the same issue documented numerous times while under warranty, a good dealership should put their tail between their legs, admit incompetence to the regional rep and get this buggy fixed. Don't email SOA, call them and don't let go. You've called them before while under warranty so they should have a case number. Get them to set up a meeting at a dealership with the regional rep... not a phone call.

BTW, what is the particular electrical problem you are having? There are some pretty good diagnosticians on board here that might just come up with a solution in the meanwhile.

^^^^^ what he said

Carl

You make excellent points, but shouldn't the dealer have investigated those issues while the car was inspected on several different occassions by three different dealerships? According to the most recent technician, there are several technical bulletins regarding the exact problem I am having. For some strange reason my issue just continues to be recurring. Last time a technician came on a ride with me, we brought the car back to the shop, and he hooked up a computer to get an error code. While obtaining the error code the car's computer corrected itself. So, with my extensive lack of knowledge, I assumed there is an electrical problem that requires further investigation. The computer has already been pulled and reprogramed. Anything else I should consider asking them?

look at trends and statistics, not individual experiences and results from questionable dealerships/mechanics. you are not a mechanic or well informed about cars, therefore your experience could easily be tainted by things not related to the vehicle at all. did you buy the car used? did you take it to more than one mechanic for a second oppinion? what kind of electrical issues? has this car ever been wrecked, flooded, damaged...etc? lots of info left out to make an "informed" decision. was the battery every connected backwards, car jump started? lots of things can cause issues that aren't attributable to the vehicle.

VW's? if my friends could make it to 100,000 miles without loosing massive amounts of oil, mufflers, breaking down between maryland and west virginia, CE lights coming on and breaking hoses (all of these this year by the way) on their VW's (which i end up looking at and/or fixing)....maybe i wouldn't completely laugh at the thought of choosing one of those as my next vehicle.

I called and have the name of a contact. Thank you very much. I realize persitance does pay. I just have to take the time to be more insistent, but at the same time I must treat them with kid gloves.

What else to tell them?? Oh, yes, I forgot, you should tell them to... FIX THE EFIN CAR!

Seriously, you have been told to piss off and you think you need to be nice? It is now as it was while still under warranty their responsibility to diagnose and fix the car. Bring any service records or documentation with you when you meet the rep. If you haven't already done so, create a phone log (to the best of your memory) to go along with your service visits to show that you are serious about getting satisfaction.:headbang:

Anything else I should consider asking them?

Some phrases/approaches/attitudes that I have had intermittent success with in the past;

"Look them in the eye and say; "If you were in my position and owned this car, how would you feel about its reliability?" or the way Subaru was treating you?" or could you ever recommend Subaru or this dealership to a freiend, coworker or relative? (or, if your wife/daughter were driving this car, how would you feel, etc.) blah, blah - basically try to cut through the 'business barrier' and appeal to them on a human basis. When meeting with someone new I sometimes even ask them "So, how is Subaru treating you? Are they OK to work for?" - like that.

If the say - "They all do that" then I point to another vehicle and say - let me drive that one until it does the same thing." or I say "If they all do this, then they are ALL broken and need repairing , you can start with mine." (this came in very handy on 2 occasions with a Ford van)

An approach someone else I know has used , is to ask "Why are trying so hard to never do business with me again?" I haven't used that one yet.

Sometimes, just sitting in someones office 5 minutes till quitting time, while letting them know you don't intemd to leave until a satsfacory decision has been made, is helpful.

Its tricky to get just the right mix of calm, p!ssed off, professional, cooperative and exasperated at the same time.

They are human, but even if they are sympathetic, many of them do not have the authority to do what's really needed. You often must go 'up' 3 levels, but when you do, you can often get whatever you want.

Oh, you need to formulate exactly what would be a reasonable outcome for yourself - if someone were to ask (not that they will) "What do we need to do to make you a satisfied customer?" You need to have an answer ready.

You could have an issue as simple as a loose gas cap - or something crazy multiple sensors AND failing ECU bad from the factory - we certainly don't know because you haven't told us!

Carl

I guess it's best to lather up your best Texan drawl for this, then hurry home and brush your teeth after having talked such sh*#.

Some phrases/approaches/attitudes that I have had intermittent success with in the past;

"Look them in the eye and say; "If you were in my position and owned this car, how would you feel about its reliability?" or the way Subaru was treating you?" or could you ever recommend Subaru or this dealership to a freiend, coworker or relative? (or, if your wife/daughter were driving this car, how would you feel, etc.) blah, blah - basically try to cut through the 'business barrier' and appeal to them on a human basis. When meeting with someone new I sometimes even ask them "So, how is Subaru treating you? Are they OK to work for?" - like that.

If the say - "They all do that" then I point to another vehicle and say - let me drive that one until it does the same thing." or I say "If they all do this, then they are ALL broken and need repairing , you can start with mine." (this came in very handy on 2 occasions with a Ford van)

An approach someone else I know has used , is to ask "Why are trying so hard to never do business with me again?" I haven't used that one yet.

Sometimes, just sitting in someones office 5 minutes till quitting time, while letting them know you don't intemd to leave until a satsfacory decision has been made, is helpful.

Its tricky to get just the right mix of calm, p!ssed off, professional, cooperative and exasperated at the same time.

They are human, but even if they are sympathetic, many of them do not have the authority to do what's really needed. You often must go 'up' 3 levels, but when you do, you can often get whatever you want.

Oh, you need to formulate exactly what would be a reasonable outcome for yourself - if someone were to ask (not that they will) "What do we need to do to make you a satisfied customer?" You need to have an answer ready.

You could have an issue as simple as a loose gas cap - or something crazy multiple sensors AND failing ECU bad from the factory - we certainly don't know because you haven't told us!

Carl