Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my limited choices

I hate living down here, and not being able to find beans as far as ea82 vehicles for sale. I must say I am so envious of those of you who have more to choose from than this. Sure the miles are low, but its an auto and its 1700 bucks!?!?

There are other options in the state.. but none less than 200 miles away, and even those seem relatively pricey. There was one over in Ft. Myers a little while ago that sounded promising..relatively speaking that is. clicky to see that one.. woo hoo.

and all Im asking for is a 5 spd XT, GL, RX, sedan, wagon, whatever.. for a hundred bucks. I can make the car I want out of mine and it if shes got a good chassis and the stick shift.. 2wd or 4. :sad:

you think you have a hard time finding a decent sube??? HA, try living in Wisconsin, where salt eats them alive! I love my 89 two whl drive wagon, but she has a SERIOUS case of salt cancer and probably wont survive much longer. :mad: Have been looking for a decent, cheap sube for over a year to have on hand when Hildy's cancer gets the best of her - no luck so far.

gonna have to talk to an aquaintance that has a used car lot - see if he can find me one at auction - heck, it doesnt even need to be running if the body is clean!

just think of it this way, there are always people worse of, think of marcelo (3 XT's in his country, he owns all 3), think of me (9 XT's in the country, perhaps 4 daily driven),

I've been searching for suspension parts for the last year, and the only thing I've got to show for it are NOS koni shocks for the rear.

you don't have it half that bad ;)

I moved just to get out of the salt belt and now I am amazed at what I part out instead of keeping on the road. But these $100-250 cars that are worth more in parts than running are kindof fun but too expensive to smog, plate, put a windshield in, etc for what they are.

If you'd consider shipping a car or flying into Denver to drive one back let me know. I can definately keep an eye out for something.

you think you have a hard time finding a decent sube??? HA, try living in Wisconsin, where salt eats them alive! I love my 89 two whl drive wagon, but she has a SERIOUS case of salt cancer and probably wont survive much longer. :mad: Have been looking for a decent, cheap sube for over a year to have on hand when Hildy's cancer gets the best of her - no luck so far.

gonna have to talk to an aquaintance that has a used car lot - see if he can find me one at auction - heck, it doesnt even need to be running if the body is clean!

Hear you loud and clear on the rust...............

On the other hand, I've drove to Central Eastern Illinios to get the '82 BRAT. Central Wisconsin to get an '84 BRAT. The '88 XT6, '86 BRAT, and '88 GL10 Wagon came out of Ohio. Ain't boo around here for older Subaru vehicles.

The body is mint, it is worth it. Most of this country is killing the sube with rust and real need for 4x4 parts of the year. That one could take an ej hack in a second, and it is under 100k or just run the darn thng til the rust never fails it. I dont know where they got the blue book value from. $1432 was the last I saw. The EA82 auto is not a good thing as most of us know. I would offer 1500 cash for body, low miles and 4wd, spfi and a/c working, can't forget power steering, power windows.Ahh the heck with it, I would give exactly cost as selling :) Depends on use you want. I believe you drive autos now right?

I just gave 500 for one that needs some help and 25k more miles, but it is standard and dual range. The selling price for what you found is worth it.

The reason the blue book is that high is $3.00/gal gas--that's what the other guy's insurance co. gave me for my 93 loyale 2WD! last month. Company policy wouldn't let me buy the car back, and I couldn't find any decent EA82's either--ended up with a 95 legacy wagon, now I'm spoiled, 45 more HP and it gets the same mpg. The beauty part, the loyale was a $200 parked in the yard special--what a country!! :lol:

You make me feel guilty (almost:grin: ) for living at the opposite end of the contiguous US. I have a yard overflowing with project cars, and half of them were free. Ever thought of relocating (with your Datsun parts stash, of course:brow:)?

have you any IDEA how much that would cost????

it reminds me of when i was like, four.. I know the story by proxy, I don't actually remember this.. but my dad got a job that relocated him from WPB to rural NC (Statesville, actually) and they paid Bekins to move us. At the time, my dad had two 5 gallon buckets about half full of nuts and bolts... the moving guys looked at him like he was crazy when he pointed at them and asked why they werent loaded up..

Moving metal costs money :- ( or else you could make a fortune out of your front yard freebies...

Oh, I know what rust is, believe me....

you havent seen my car!!! (i STILL need to post fotos of the rust here... but have no camera)

Driving one home from colorado is a real possibility, but it still wouldnt alter the price TOO much.. add on like, 500 at least for gas and a plane ticket.. but it WOULD allow me to shop thru a more reasonable selection.. and I have a colony of friends in Steamboat Springs that would love to be visited while I am there.

Unfortunately, this one is going to suffer from Not-Right-Now syndrome, as I am a bit short on cash to go flying cross country to buy a new sube.

Good thought, though. the Ultimate Subaru Brokerage Society!:headbang: