Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How can i susp. lift ea82?

MaroonDuneDoom

You can't - at least not without a LOT of fabrication. No one (to my knowledge) has sucessfully done a complete suspension lift on any Subaru. With the exception of the rear end 3" lift that Mudrat does to the EA81's. It's not perfect cause the camber is off, but it is technically a suspension lift. Won't work for the EA82's - they have completely different rear ends.

But please - if you have the resources to do it - design one for us! The people I have talked to have agreed that the major problem for us is the front axles - they simply don't have enough travel for suspension lifts. With the stock front axles, you might get another 1 inch of lift, but that's about it. The rear axles - since they don't have to turn, are good for 3 inches or so.....

GD

I got my camber back in line, dead on zero with no way I could squeeze in any positive and believe me I worked that one.

On the EA81 get ready to dish the inner fender well in the front, wear CV joints like tires and in the rear, get ready to move brackets on the tortion bar tube and ditto on the CVs.

daily driver not worth it for most

off road or play toy, Oh yes.

But looking at the EA82 the front seems doable but the rear is a nightmare.

subarubrat, are these setbacks you mentioned; "On the EA81 get ready to dish the inner fender well in the front, wear CV joints like tires and in the rear, get ready to move brackets on the tortion bar tube and ditto on the CVs." typical on ea81's w/suspension lift or ea81/82's w/byb body lift.

i plan on running about 25-27" tires on my rig after the lift. will my CV's get worn fast?

The ozified lift to me seems, "better" it dosn't affect any part of the car except wheel well clearance, no changes in camber caster or toe, everything is as it was from the factory,:D i have yet to see someone who was dissatisfied with the pkdavis lift. its cheap, well not as bad as it could be, already made and could probably be shipped before thanks giving, and there bullet proof, the car will give way before the lift components.

Why is the rear a nightmare? an ea82 rear end is not completely different, the axles can handle the same travel, all you have to do is move the top bracket for the rear shock down instead of deal with the torsion bars. You can get close to 2" in the front, and the suspension geometry will not be that bad, you can account for the camber when you make a block on top to space the strut down. you should also adjust the toe in. Soobme runs a 1.5" front/2" rear suspension lift on an ea82t wagon. 2 inches is not going to turn your sube into an unmanageable beast on the road. I also wouldn't worry about cv's with 25-27" tires. If you want to do this you will need to fabricate strut blocks and rear shock-to-body mounts.

you can get 27s in there with no lift if you are willing to trim your fenders. If you are not doing the fab for a suspension lift, it would be better to get the PK lift. The PK is going to give more clearance under the body, a suspension will give you more clearance under the diffs and under the body, but a max of 2" and no kit. If you can't do the fab yourself you might as well buy the PK body lift, subaru's get better clearance under the diffs than straight axle 4x4's anyway.