Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So, the Matco man was very persuasive in his sales pitch today, so i now have a pretty nice OBD II scanner, which can do more than the standard autozone bit. So, anyway, if anyone needs their 96 and up Subie read for codes, i'm your man.

I also do brakes and axles :rolleyes:

I work for Beer and cookies.

Wow congrats on the purchase of the scanner, what model is it? Too bad I'm on the other side of the country otherwise I'd be keeping a cabinet full of oreos and beer for my repair emergencies!

Does matco have trucks they sell tools out of like snapon? I've never seen one, but actually I've only seen a few tool trucks in my lifetime. I got a 1/4" matco air wratchet off eBay man I love that thing.

Yeah, we have a matco truck that comes every week, he's much more regular than the snapon guy, he shows up maybe once every 2 months, and he wonders why we all buy matco and not snapon.

The scanner is a MT9001, havn't needed it at work yet, but i did get it at 4 on friday afternoon.

Its got some data recording functions, havn't really played with it much, but it does have a computer interface so i'm hopeing i can export stored data from it onto the computer where it will be easier to read. I still need to figure out everything it can do, but so far it seems to be a good mix of not too expensive, but still usefull enough to actually do real diag with, as opposed to just read codes.