Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ahhh omg coolant everwhere

I was driving along, and i was accelerating and hit about 4k and all of a sudden steam comes pouring out from under my hood. I stopped immeadiatly and had a rush of coolant pouring out from under my car. i lost it all. Its all centerd around the water pump area, what the hell happend?????? did my new water pump catisrophicly fail!?? No overheat, the gauge was at 1/2

I was driving along, and i was accelerating and hit about 4k and all of a sudden steam comes pouring out from under my hood. I stopped immeadiatly and had a rush of coolant pouring out from under my car. i lost it all. Its all centerd around the water pump area, what the hell happend?????? did my new water pump catisrophicly fail!?? No overheat, the gauge was at 1/2

i thought 4 grand was normal driving RPM's :grin:

any ways how many miles on the new water pump ??

i dont think the weep hole could make a puddle under the car that fast but lets say ummmmmmmmmm did you make sure the clams where on tight?

( dont ask LOL )

ok i have a confession, it wasnt 4k, it was me testing how well the brakes worked, and my foot slipped off the pedal abit and hit the gas abit and it free revved to almost 7k....im so embarressed by that, but i should probably tell you guys since your trying to help. I just got a new muffler and didnt hear it alls i saw was the tach his nearly 7k for just a couple seconds and smoke start pouring from under the hood. omg i feel so dumb, i let off and shut the car off right away

Also i just got a brand new radiator cap, it was a 13lb one, is that way to much? it might have somthing to do with it if the goofs gave me the wrong one

7k isn't a bad thing, just don't make a practice of it. Sometimes hoses can split, they look normal untill you squeeze them and then the split opens up. That much coolant that fast sounds like a hose. Fill it up from a garden hose untill you find the hole. Drain it, fix it, and filler up with coolant.

ok it turned out the Water pump gasket actually blew out! its fixed now, i took the a/c compressor out and the water pump was a breeze and i got the gasket on correctly. but now the things wants to overheat and is gutless as hell, i musta did somthing to the timing cause i tried to tighten the slack