Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Accident Repair Issue NEED HELP!

Whats up Subaru Freaks

I have an 05 Legacy Wagon. My front drivers side door was hit and I started to put a new door on that I got from the junk yard. I was pretty mad that they cut the wireing harness that added about an hour to the project, oh well.

This is my issue, I have the "new" door on and every thing on the door itself is working properly, the striker is matching up ok and all the lines are matching. The thing is the window on this door seems to roll up to far. When you roll up a normal window, when it gets to the top it will slide back a little. This window goes back way to far and touches the black bar on the B pillar when you close the door.

Does anyone know of a way to adjust the window so it does not go up so far? Any reply may help. PLEASE!

Thank you all!

If your glass is going too far up and back then you need to pull the interior door panel and the plastic sheeting that acts as a weather and wind break. Find the bolt heads or nuts that secure and adjust the front and rear tracks that the glass slides in. By loosening them off, repositioning the tracks, slightly tightening them up, testing the window's up and down movement and alignment with the body seals until correct, and then firmly tightening up the fasteners, you'll get the glass to close properly. Usually you don't have to move the window regulator at all, but even that might have to have a slight adjustment after you've dealt with the tracks to get it close.

Good Luck!

If your glass is going too far up and back then you need to pull the interior door panel and the plastic sheeting that acts as a weather and wind break. Find the bolt heads or nuts that secure and adjust the front and rear tracks that the glass slides in. By loosening them off, repositioning the tracks, slightly tightening them up, testing the window's up and down movement and alignment with the body seals until correct, and then firmly tightening up the fasteners, you'll get the glass to close properly. Usually you don't have to move the window regulator at all, but even that might have to have a slight adjustment after you've dealt with the tracks to get it close.

Good Luck!

This is a very good point - you can't assume the window mechanisms are properly secured on the replacement door.

In my 96 Legacy, the nuts that hold the regulator assembly to the inner door metal backed off. If these are loose (as well as poorly adjusted) then the window will not close correctly.

2035802_60.jpg

My 2002 Impreza has a movable stop that controls how far the window goes up. It attahces to one of the tracks (I believe the rear one) with a 10mm nut and you can move it up and down about an inch. Maybe your car has something similar.
i work at a body shop and always have adjust the window hieght when i replace a door.first remove the door panel and then peel back the upper part of the vapor barrier, at the top of both window tracks are the stops.put your window up to the correct height,open and close the door to be sure you have it where you want it. slightly bump the window down using the power window switch, then loosen the stops and push/nudge them down and retighten the stops. open and close the door again. cycle the window up and down a few times, open and close the door again. if you are satisfied with the fit to the weatherseal reinstall door panel. doing this is not hard, just pay attention to what you are doing and don't rush it.

Cool guys thanks for all the tips. I will see if this will work.

I do have the door on and when I close the window with the door closed the window will close properly, no wind noises at 90mph:grin: . When the door is open and I roll the window up it goes way past the point it needs to stop. I will try to do the adjustment and let you all know how it turns out. Thank you for the input!:headbang: