Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Final Cut. And Thanks

Now if only they would apply the concept of a basic 4x4 that gets good mileage to their new cars, we'd be all set.

no doubts about it.

It is ashame about the honda inheritance. a 2 stroke scooter with snow tires has always been more intriguing ... :grin:

I don't even want to tell you my "I was at a redlight next to this honda with "vtec" flambouyantly stickered on the back end...." story.

They do go for quite a run in durabilty with excellent consumption, nothing like a soob. I hope you get another someday, but it seems you are going for economics more than for the old soob nostalgia. I am no offense to honda owners, I still make cracks at my brothers 93 nissan with 200k and just needing a water pump. :rolleyes: (I personally think it is ready for its 3rd engine.. but don't tell him, it will burst his bubble).

Good Luck on a better soob someday- there is bad ones in every bunch.

Good to hear its working out. I'll give it to Honda, they build a reliable machine as well. I've seen them go just as far as a Subaru.

Like anything it depends on the model. My GF's '02 Accord already needed a new Throttle Position Sensor, and then shortly after a new transmission (auto). Had it not been under warrantee (extended - damn good purchase I might add), that would have been roughly $4,000 in work. It's got just over 80k miles :mad:

Same with Subaru (and every other manufacturer) - the lets not get big-headed here..... we can't forget the Justy CVT now can we? Or the Gen 1 EJ25's??? It's all about buying the right MODEL. Brand has less to do with it in the majority of cases. Even Chrysler has put out the occasional decent vehicle in the past.

GD

I have to argue with you on this point. the z motor in those trucks isn't half bad. I found one in the woods that had hit so many trees that the radiator was literally wrapped around the block, the stubby ends of the plastic fan was sticking out the front of the truck. So-no coolant, no water pump and I can't belive it was still holding oil. The control arms were bent on both sides, but it was still 4wd. The owner brought a battery out and jumped it, fired right up, and drove it's self the rest of the way out of the woods. Ran it for another week around the property without any coolant.

Pretty much the same motor in the Hardbody's, except fulie. We could wind the snot out of it doing burnouts and it still ran fine afterwards.

I have respect for the z motors.

I second that motion... that motor pulls strong and hard, and can actually haul an ABSURD amount of weight behind the truck.. as long as the tongue weight is within reason, and the hitch being used is heavy-duty.. solid vehicles.

and as for this..

Even Chrysler has put out the occasional decent vehicle in the past.

GD

priceless :)

• 3 months later...
Today circumstance forced to be scap my Subaru. In the final cut we were done in by a sensor (o2 or coolant)... Subie gave me a nice going away present... 133$.

O2 sensors for ea82s cost like $17. simple one wire generic bosch O2 sens. That coolant temp sensor is a bit more. How'd you get to $133?