Ultimate Subaru Message Board

will the front seats swap from a ea82 to a ea81

XT6 seats won't fit without some modification in an EA81. XT6 are identical to XT which is an EA82 and i've seen XT6 seats go in other EA82's so i think they are the same. i just gave a local guy a set of XT6 seats for his EA81 and they aren't a direct swap.

but i don't think it would be that hard to fit them either. search on the boards here, there are very specific pictures of how to do this and what's required.

No - the only seats that "bolt in" to the EA81 are other EA81 seats. With a welder you can accomplish anything, but they aren't really even close to "bolt in". I've got Isuzu impulse seats in my Brat, and Legacy seats in my wagon, but it takes some modifications (a LOT of them in the case of the Leganus seats).

GD

Oh and just happen to have a welder and I'm also buying myself a plasma cutter for chritmas, man I must love myself.

Oh and FYI I just picked up a 94 loyale 5 speed 4x4 with broken timing belt for next to nothing. So I'm going to be striping all the spfi stuff out here soon.

EA81 SPFI HERE I COME!!!!!! :headbang:

Oh and just happen to have a welder and I'm also buying myself a plasma cutter for chritmas, man I must love myself.

Oh and FYI I just picked up a 94 loyale 5 speed 4x4 with broken timing belt for next to nothing. So I'm going to be striping all the spfi stuff out here soon.

EA81 SPFI HERE I COME!!!!!! :headbang:

Right on - what's happeneing with the rest of the car?

Plasma cutter..... mmmmmmm - will you be my friend? :grin:

GD

I managed to fit a GL10 seat in my brat... I shouldn't have though because it messed up stuff.. now I'm going to have to weld in new mounts to put in an ea81 seat again. The ea82 seats are too wide for ea81's .. it doesn't fit well at all without really good machine equipment.

Right on - what's happeneing with the rest of the car?

Plasma cutter..... mmmmmmm - will you be my friend? :grin:

GD

Not sure what I'm going to do with the rest of it. Keep what I want get rid of what I don't, I guess. Why, what do you have in mind?

I guess I can accept your aplacation for friend ship. I know having toys makes me so popular. :grin:

You may have the toys, as you put it, but I have the toys too, welder, soon to be plasma cutter, tubing bender/notcher, welding table, big shop. I have been keeping my eyes open for an old set of tire machine and balancer. Also shooting for a two post lift next year. So I got the toys too. :headbang:

Not sure what I'm going to do with the rest of it. Keep what I want get rid of what I don't, I guess. Why, what do you have in mind?

Nothing in particular - just curious what the plan was for it. Parts is parts :)

I guess I can accept your aplacation for friend ship. I know having toys makes me so popular. :grin:

You may have the toys, as you put it, but I have the toys too, welder, soon to be plasma cutter, tubing bender/notcher, welding table, big shop. I have been keeping my eyes open for an old set of tire machine and balancer. Also shooting for a two post lift next year. So I got the toys too. :headbang:

Right on - I've got the skills, but sometimes lack the more specialized tools. I've got a couple welders, and access to torches and such, but a plasma cutter for certain specific stuff can really be nice. If you like, I'll help you setup a CNC plasma table. I'm also a software engineer....

GD

Nothing in particular - just curious what the plan was for it. Parts is parts :)

Right on - I've got the skills, but sometimes lack the more specialized tools. I've got a couple welders, and access to torches and such, but a plasma cutter for certain specific stuff can really be nice. If you like, I'll help you setup a CNC plasma table. I'm also a software engineer....

GD

No, no real plans, and your right parts are parts. And sure you can have a crack at what you need from it, well if you need anything from it that is.

I don't for see needing a CNC plasma table anytime soon. I am just sick and tired of sitting there with a cut off wheel in my angle grinder cutting metal for a long rump roast time when it would take 10 sec with a plasma.

When I want it cut I want it cut now damn it. :grin:

That and I pretty much suck at cutting with a torch, I can do it, it's just a nasty mess afterwards.

Totally. I can cut with at a torch, but for some stuff - like EJ to EA adaptor plates, etc accuracy is key. I have some interesting ideas for suspension bits too.

Might be a couple parts I could use. I just cut up a whole loyale with my sawzall so I've got a frickin driveway full of them too :lol:

Hey - you don't by any chance have a good way to remove a windshield from it's frame on a Loyale?? No worries as the frame isn't part of the car anymore :eek:, but this thing was put in like last year by a glass shop, and MAN is it in there. The goop they used is hard as a coffin nail.

GD

Totally. I can cut with at a torch, but for some stuff - like EJ to EA adaptor plates, etc accuracy is key. I have some interesting ideas for suspension bits too.

Might be a couple parts I could use. I just cut up a whole loyale with my sawzall so I've got a frickin driveway full of them too :lol:

Hey - you don't by any chance have a good way to remove a windshield from it's frame on a Loyale?? No worries as the frame isn't part of the car anymore :eek:, but this thing was put in like last year by a glass shop, and MAN is it in there. The goop they used is hard as a coffin nail.

GD

No not really. I have only had luck pulling one glass out and that was the rear hatch window on a 91 civic. I used a drywall saw, why you may ask, well it was the only thing i had and it had some good teeth on it to chew up the glue. I had luck with it maybe it's worth a shot.

just like the title says. will they bolt in or not and i only care about the front ones

They don't bolt straight in but are not hard to fit. lf you visit the ausubaru website and look in the tech manual it explains how the job is done and whats needed.

PS, l am using 82 seats in my Brat.