Ultimate Subaru Message Board

99 Forester security system question

Sorry to repost, but I typed the last one in such a hurry that I guess I scared off replies. I disconnected the battery, reconnected it and now I have flashing parking lights. There apparently is no override button under the dash, and I don't have the remote. Can anyone help me reset this?

What color wires is the button connected to and where do those wires go? Maybe the previous owner extracted it and I can simulate the buttons action by connecting or disconnecting a wire.

Any help appreciated,

OL

Which leads to the question, has anyone every had a forester stolen? i mean, really, its not like the hottest car in the 'hood.....

wasnt too long ago that no one in thier right mind would steal a subaru cause they were so slow :-p

nipper

Somehow I can't quite picture someone hotwiring a forester...maybe I'm stereotyping car theives. I used to leave my EA82 wagon unlocked with the windows down. I figured if anyone stole it I could just run after them & catch up. No one ever tried.

Another question I have is since I have power locks (controlled by door panel buttons only) and an override button, does this mean I have keyless entry and an alarm? If I get an ebay remote with "free programming".....would I be set up?

Somehow I can't quite picture someone hotwiring a forester...maybe I'm stereotyping car theives. I used to leave my EA82 wagon unlocked with the windows down. I figured if anyone stole it I could just run after them & catch up. No one ever tried.

Another question I have is since I have power locks (controlled by door panel buttons only) and an override button, does this mean I have keyless entry and an alarm? If I get an ebay remote with "free programming".....would I be set up?

if you watch ebay for the module you should be able to get it.

nipper

I have a '99 as well. I think yours likely came with the remote door lock key fob.

Everyone I have seen has had it. I bought a new one through Subaru when mine cracked, moreover, it wasn't terribly expensive.