Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1986 Rally Car?

From what i have read they used the rx leone and moved to the rs liberty when it came out. not sure what they used before the rx i think it was the ea 71 style coupe.

There were the two RX's though, the ea81 RX dual carb thing, and the ea82 RXII, both Leones..

Then before those RX's probably the ea71 style,

Good thread,

THats all I know.

i no an guy that brought a very rare homologated RX2 leone. came from factory like that. it was good till the engine packed up. it went very well round dunedin area that has lots of steepish hills and in winter can be very slipery and snowy at times in winter. when it packet up he got an replacement engine and that wuldnt work rite coz the computer was different and the clutch went and orded the new one and clutch was different from normal rx2 and the cvs were much bigger2. i think they mite had been xt6 1s?

but if that car is still round im going to see if i can pick it up for parts :burnout:

yea i would say that it was sponced by them aye.

that was an very good hill climb car

haha i like that flat 12 motor. when that motor was sold it was fitted into that race boat they kept working on it and made it reliable i think :confused:

also wasnt subaru going to build another f1 engine and car? i heard they were going to try again and see if they have better suscess with it. heard about that about 3 years ago in an motoring artical :burnout:

• 2 months later...

That looks like an ea81 with a supercharger

This:

200HpSuperChargedSubaruEA81Engine.jpg?t=1172966003

is a Really Supercharged EA81... Think about: No Timin´ Belts, and 200+ Hp... :headbang:

Well... I Also love the Subaru Flat 12...

SubaruFlat12Engine.jpg?t=1172966497

The 1400 was sold thru e-bay, as Far as I Know...

For More about Subaru non Common Stuff, see:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53434

:)