Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i have a 93 impreza and i beleave it gets poor gas only 24 combined city and highway.its tuned up new o2 sensor tires have 35pounds of air it even has a little lite weight crank pulley driving slow no speeding no jack rabbit starts clean air filter,it was rated 24 city 30 highway whats up???also the dealer did timing belt and water pump and the cars seems to have a very slight pinging like the low octane even with 93 it stills does it the car is a 1.8 134,000 miles auto trans.

Is this an automatic or manual. EPA city ratings is more reflective of suburbia driving as opposed to city. Also the winter blends of gas are out now, so everyones mileage drops. IS this just one tank or over three tanks, as the latter is the proper way to calculate it.

nipper

i have a 93 impreza and i beleave it gets poor gas only 24 combined city and highway

1991 Legacy "sport sedan" here, 2.2T, Vegomatic, AWD, limited slip X2.

High of 32mpg, low of 8mpg, depends on how it is driven. At the moment, winter, around town, lucky to see around 18mpg.

1992 Loyale 1.8, 4WD, 5 speed, highway: 43mpg.

Imperial measure!

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan "L". Midnight blue, stock rims, aftermarket tires, moonroof, CD Changer, A/C purposely disabled, 4-door, and full-time FWD (not by choice).

Total average this past calendar year = 25.89 MPG

High = 29.06 MPG (middle of August)

Low = 18.66 (middle of January)

I was actually worried about my fuel mileage as well but it looks like I'm on par with others.

-V5

1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan "L". Midnight blue, stock rims, aftermarket tires, moonroof, CD Changer, A/C purposely disabled, 4-door, and full-time FWD (not by choice).

Total average this past calendar year = 25.89 MPG

High = 29.06 MPG (middle of August)

Low = 18.66 (middle of January)

I was actually worried about my fuel mileage as well but it looks like I'm on par with others.

-V5

for the first few tank i have put through my legacy i have seen 22 and almost 24mpg. for the most part i have driven in the city in stop and go traffic, then i took a 200+ mile drive with 4 guys ski gear, and packed bags for 4 days and went over 2 mountain passes. and got almost 24mpg. im hoping i can see some better milage in the future:-\

for the first few tank i have put through my legacy i have seen 22 and almost 24mpg. for the most part i have driven in the city in stop and go traffic, then i took a 200+ mile drive with 4 guys ski gear, and packed bags for 4 days and went over 2 mountain passes. and got almost 24mpg. im hoping i can see some better milage in the future:-\

well that was technically 100mpg 24 per person :)

nipper