Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Looking at a 93 legacy L AWD sedan

Ok I am going to look at a car tomorrow it is a 1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD with 121000 miles on it and it look very clean, they are asking $1900 but I think I can negotiate the price to about $1500-1600. Does that sound reasonable??

Anything outside the ordinary I should look for?? Thanks for the help have a good night. Jay.

Ok I am going to look at a car tomorrow it is a 1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD with 121000 miles on it and it look very clean, they are asking $1900 but I think I can negotiate the price to about $1500-1600. Does that sound reasonable??

Anything outside the ordinary I should look for?? Thanks for the help have a good night. Jay.

torque bind, and all maintanence receipts, its also good to let a car look at it.

Yep,

To reiterate Ericem said, definitely maintenance records are a very nice so you know for sure what has and hasn’t been done and also that the AWD is working. I have a ’95 Legacy Sedan (which I absolutely love) but the AWD has recently decided to go nipples-up. When you go for the test drive, pull on to a gravel road/driveway and let your foot “accidentally” slip off the brake onto the gas. You’ll know right away. The tires should hardly spin. Otherwise, my Subie has been flawless besides scheduled maintenance (timing belt, brake job, etc.).

Hope that helps!

Good luck!

-V5

Yep,

To reiterate Ericem said, definitely maintenance records are a very nice so you know for sure what has and hasn’t been done and also that the AWD is working. I have a ’95 Legacy Sedan (which I absolutely love) but the AWD has recently decided to go nipples-up. When you go for the test drive, pull on to a gravel road/driveway and let your foot “accidentally” slip off the brake onto the gas. You’ll know right away. The tires should hardly spin. Otherwise, my Subie has been flawless besides scheduled maintenance (timing belt, brake job, etc.).

Hope that helps!

Good luck!

-V5

thanks for saying what i was about to suggest, but felt lazy :-p

Well I purchased the vehicle today, it looks really, really nice, the car is in mint condition inside and very good condition out. I will see about posting some pictures sometime soon, it has 2 quarter size rust patches above the rear tires both in the same spot, it also has some problem with the right rear wheel I hear a scratching noise when I brake. I took it too my mechanic expecting brake repairs but he said it looked like rust on the drum he will pull the wheels tomorrow and do a more thorough inspection tomorrow. I will post some more later on hopefully with pictures, thanks for the help. Jay.

Well I purchased the vehicle today, it looks really, really nice, the car is in mint condition inside and very good condition out. I will see about posting some pictures sometime soon, it has 2 quarter size rust patches above the rear tires both in the same spot, it also has some problem with the right rear wheel I hear a scratching noise when I brake. I took it too my mechanic expecting brake repairs but he said it looked like rust on the drum he will pull the wheels tomorrow and do a more thorough inspection tomorrow. I will post some more later on hopefully with pictures, thanks for the help. Jay.

drum eh? my 93 leg L has discs standard. About that rust,get it fixed ASAP, dont want that to spread.

What is my best solution for dealing with the quarter-half dollar size patches of rust above the wheel wells. Only on the back wheels in the identical spot and I really don't like having rust on my cars. Btw I LOVE this car, I cannot believe how much I have fallen for it already, it is just an incredibly fun car to drive and it is very tight and holds the road really well, oh well have a good night all, thanks for the help. Jay.

What is my best solution for dealing with the quarter-half dollar size patches of rust above the wheel wells. Only on the back wheels in the identical spot and I really don't like having rust on my cars. Btw I LOVE this car, I cannot believe how much I have fallen for it already, it is just an incredibly fun car to drive and it is very tight and holds the road really well, oh well have a good night all, thanks for the help. Jay.

you might look for a different legacy, in DC / Baltimore maybe. they have lots of soobys on craiglist.org <www.crazedlist.org> . further south means less snow, less rust. and it's only 80$ on the train to get there, maybe less.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/car/259509989.html seems high $.

or this: http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/car/260210085.html

or this: http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/car/259927526.html