Ultimate Subaru Message Board

On the dash of my pride and joy I have a lovely switch which illuminates the clock on the dash where I could have a nice a/c switch instead.....

What’s the point of this switch???

It’s the most useless thing about the car!!

Anyone agree?

I love everything about my car even the fuel consumption! lol

its just that every time i take someone new out for a spin they all notice this switch as it is right in the middle of my dash.

When they ask what its for i always get a chuckle when i they see the clock illuminate from green to a lighter shade of green.

Must be a uk spec

i cant help but think that they would have been better off saving a few gramms of weight.

anyway on a lighter subject it gets a laugh every time i press it!!

David

Nope, not stupid. I have one in my 05 Legacy. With the Electroluminescent (or how ever they spell it) gauges it is needed. When ever the headlights are on, the dash lights are significantly dimmer. That makes it hard to see things like the clock and radio during the day. Pressing this button sends all the dash features to their brightest level, allowing me to see them, but never touch the headlight or dash dimmer switches.

Keith