Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea81 turbo brat vs ea81 non turbo brat

If your cooling system is fairly new and in excellent shape, there shouldnt be a problem in your location.

And of course a turbo is always better in performance than a N/A car.

But thats my own biased opinion:rolleyes:

There are some N/A cars out there that have more or same HP as forced induction cars. I know of a few.:burnout:

If your cooling system is fairly new and in excellent shape, there shouldnt be a problem in your location.

And of course a turbo is always better in performance than a N/A car.

But thats my own biased opinion:rolleyes:

There are some N/A cars out there that have more or same HP as forced induction cars. I know of a few.:burnout:

only thing i dont like about turbo is it lags too much, unless you brake boost

the folks that know turbos would say,don't get one....give it to them.:lol:

folks that don't know turbos seem to say that they are either a hassle or not worth the gain.it depends on use.turbos are air breathers.cool air atomizes better with the fuel.therefore it would seem that there would be more obstacles in desert use. i have recently driven my first turbo.and i ************in loved it.however i do not enjoy something electronically ran.i prefer mechanical solutions to need.

i guess i remember reading somewhere that there are ways to cool a turbo down properly.maybe you should check out some of the archived stuff on it.

you gotta figure that older cars need to be set up twice as good as newer cars to operate well.just keep that in mind when you decide to tackle something.

you can beat the piss out of an n/a car(naturally aspirated).no really.i promise,it will start to piss.oil,but excretion just the same.

and you can fix it,multiple times.

seems to me anyhting you are going to read about turbos is going to be 75% working on them trying to cool them better....oh did i already say that..................sorry.don't mean to repeat myself.:grin: ok so i lied.i have watched friends labor and labor,get upset...labor,labor,get pissedd.....labor,labor,.........get ************in livid and give up .sell everrything and move on to an n/a car.and have had friends that have fought for months to figure something out and reaped the rewards of a kickass turbo ride.

some people spend alot of money chasing the turbo dragon.it's worse than caffeine.(and yes,that is the most addictive substance on the planet)

sorry about the novel.

just tread lightly in the realm of turbo,or ************in jump in head firsty.....

If it doesn't have an oilcooler, add one. The ea81/82 turbos are the only turbocharged cars I've ever seen come stock without an oilcooler. The turbo adds an enormous heat load to the oil system under boost, even if it is watercooled.

Dude, what are you talking about? Both of my EA81Ts came factory with an oil cooler. Unless you've seen one or own one, don't make the assumption about the older cars.

Dude, what are you talking about? Both of my EA81Ts came factory with an oil cooler. Unless you've seen one or own one, don't make the assumption.

Most did, but some, like mine, didn't. I have to run 10w60 fully synthetic to keep any sort of oil pressure, and mineral oil just breaks down. So yeah, if it hasn't got an oil cooler, get one asap.

Calm down... I've seen the one I own, and it has no oil cooler. It appears that some do, and some don't, but I assumed they all didn't.

Dude, what are you talking about? Both of my EA81Ts came factory with an oil cooler. Unless you've seen one or own one, don't make the assumption.

Almost all of the USDM EA81T's came with oilcoolers. As far as I know, not one EA82T has a factory oil cooler.

I think this is where the cornfusion is:cool:

Remember folks, the EA81T and the EA82T are different.

Unfortunately, i think the european ea82ts had oil coolers..... nothings simple eh:-\