Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '88 wagon is starting to need more and more repairs and I'm thinking I deserve a new(er) car. Some might disagree about the deserving part of the above sentance, I assure you it is time for another car. I have looked the forum a little , searching for info on 2000 and newer outbacks (w/ the H6). Seems as though most of the discussion on the "new generation" page is in reference to mid to late 90's cars:confused:

Perhaps soobs are so long lived that a decade old vehicle can be considered new??:headbang:

To the point: What do I need to know about the H6 outback?

Recalls?

Known mechanical problems?

Quirks?

Gas milage?

Thanks for your input.

I would say from experience the H6's are much more reliable, just wouldn't buy a first year H6. Our customers with H6 cars only come in for oil changes and other small issues compared to out phase 2 customers that come in for much worse. To sum it up they are pretty bullet proof.

Good to hear, of course what soob I get depends on what my tax return looks like. I saw an H6 w/vdc? , black, in the parking lot at QFC last night, looks good to me! But as mentioned in the first reply , the price difference between the H6 equipped cars and the 2.5 liter cars are substantial. Perhaps it has to do with supply and demand? Hmmm. Now that I've found the pricey car I would like to get it's time to go back a couple of years (96-98) and see what soobs appeal to me from that time. I think the "sticky" section has some lists of engine manufacturing dates. I'll check it out .

Thanks for the input.