Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Resurrecting the Free Wrecked 96' Outback, 5/11 update

Thanks guys, car looks a lot worse in real life and up close but hey I'm broke.

Yes I did inspect the other cam pully since I had to pull em off to replace the back cover. Took it through emissions the other day, passed with flying colors. Then went and begged and pleaded for another temp since the people my Brother got the car from are on an RV trip, and I still need the trust paperwork for the title. Ended up walking away with a 60 day temp :) should be plenty of time to get the rest of the paperwork. Been driving it as my daily for interviews/job searching etc, and is great. As soon as I land another job I'll be fixing it even more.

Yeti I'll take/pay for that skin & reinforcement if you ever get your bumper. Oh and if you get sick of waiting and want another one built I know a guy who builds off-road rigs for a living that I'm sure would do it for ya, oh and he's in-state ;)

• 1 month later...

Wow been awhile and I have done a ton more work to it. But have been busy with the new job and everything else. Good thing is I've been commuting in it about 65 miles a day (not much of it is highway either) and it's been doing fantastic! Okay so since my last update I have done the following:

Got the paperwork and have actual plates on it now!

Re-did some of the work on the dent below the taillight

Replaced the cracked taillight that the dent was under

Replaced the Airbags! :headbang:

Replaced the A/C condensor I put hole in and got the A/C recharged :headbang: :headbang:

Pounded out and bondo'd up the quarter panel dent

Put some aftermarket driving lights on it (OEM's were just too expensive)

Also changed the oil & tranny fluid, put the good bosch wipers on it, and a new air filter

Still having a hard time finding a hood and fender in the same colors..so I put a new full front end bra on it (hides a lot of the damage :grin:)

It also got a brand new stereo and speakers all around since it's my DD now. Russ mixed me up some paint for it, just gotta grab it from Phil and I can finish the dent repairs :clap:

My total is now up to a whooping $726.47 into the car (not including the $460 worth of stereo equipment, since it can always move to another car)

Newest pics on page 4 of the rebuild photo album @ http://subaru.kacsh.com/96legacy/Page3.html (Ignore the fact the car is filthy, haven't washed it in awhile)

And of course some sneek peeks:

How the front end looks now :)

newbra.jpg

The quarter panel repair

qp.jpg

Far cry from what it was like when I got it!

Very nice job DrKrazy. Keep up the good work.

Exactly.You keep making that thing look better and better.I like the fog lights/driving lights up front with that black bra. I am really glad to see that car doing so well after you fixed that cam gear ect. You should be proud it has come along way.:banana: