Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Sorry Nipper, that was not a Subaru option

it was a company choppin' tops

84convertible1a.JPG

1984 GL turbo convertible (done by an aftermarket company)

But it subarus blessing. It even came with the factory rust option (drive it and it will rust).

nipper

Legacy Coupe with H-6 anyone? 300HP, Symetrical AWD, balanced chassis, BMW and Audi won't know what hit them. Back seat you can actually sit in, unlike Porsche 911 with AWD (Carrera 4). Hell, make the coupe a CONVERTIBLE OPTION!

We can all clap and cheer for this car, but if it were to come out, I can hear the criticism now....

"Subaru is forgetting it's core customers and they are going upscale trying to compete against the likes of BMW and Audi"

"$40k (or potentially higher) for a subaru... forget it. what were they thinking??"

anyway my point is, there were similar rants when the tribeca came out. now that subaru is fixing a few things (notably the nose), people hear are saying what a good job subaru is doing.

It's just a little funny how we criticize Subaru for not being bold enough and bringing us more options and when they do, we criticize them for deviating from their "former glory days" whatever that was.

good point, Brucey. Im the last to knock any car strickly on its look. My first impression of the Tribecca was: Hmm, the front end of my first Saab, grafted to a Murano...but truly ugly, IMHO. If time proves it a worthy vehicle, than who cares? Unlike the Aztek, which is horrible looking AND a lousy car. LOL! Still a newbie, hope I havent stepped on more toes.. I cant WAIT to get to work tomorrow and drive my Subie out of the shop under its own power, for the first time in front of the crew.....

I agree - Trebecca=UGLY!

I must note it's not nearly as bad as the Aztek. I can't imagine what was going through their heads when they made the aztek? I've often wondered - did they have a liquid lunch on a Friday afternoon and realize at 2:30 the plans had to be in by 4:00 ???

We can all clap and cheer for this car, but if it were to come out, I can hear the criticism now....

"Subaru is forgetting it's core customers and they are going upscale trying to compete against the likes of BMW and Audi"

"$40k (or potentially higher) for a subaru... forget it. what were they thinking??"

anyway my point is, there were similar rants when the tribeca came out. now that subaru is fixing a few things (notably the nose), people hear are saying what a good job subaru is doing.

It's just a little funny how we criticize Subaru for not being bold enough and bringing us more options and when they do, we criticize them for deviating from their "former glory days" whatever that was.

They could build a Legacy Coupe with the more affordable H-4 and price it alongside the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry(Solara) 4-cylinder coupe, as well as other 4 banger coupes currently for sale, just not as small as the Impreza coupe (no longer sold new).

AFAIK, the new design paradigm for the Tribecca and Impreza was after they signed up a head designer from Alfa Romeo; there is a striking resemblance. Granted, they went with this new design to inspire an "aircraft" look, but I think cutting the front grill into three sections is too busy. They had something good going with the current Legacy and previous Impreza designs. They were clean, sharp and eye catching. The headlights were especially appealing on both models. The new headlights remind me of cat-eye glasses. Blech.

Right now, if I were to go out and purchase a sporty new Subaru, I would be more likely to purchase a Legacy Spec B than I would a current STi. I just don't like that front facia, it looks ugly to me. Maybe they found success for it, who knows. I just know what I like and what I don't and I don't like the "Alfa" design.

AFAIK, the new design paradigm for the Tribecca and Impreza was after they signed up a head designer from Alfa Romeo; there is a striking resemblance. Granted, they went with this new design to inspire an "aircraft" look, but I think cutting the front grill into three sections is too busy. They had something good going with the current Legacy and previous Impreza designs. They were clean, sharp and eye catching. The headlights were especially appealing on both models. The new headlights remind me of cat-eye glasses. Blech.

Right now, if I were to go out and purchase a sporty new Subaru, I would be more likely to purchase a Legacy Spec B than I would a current STi. I just don't like that front facia, it looks ugly to me. Maybe they found success for it, who knows. I just know what I like and what I don't and I don't like the "Alfa" design.

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070118/FREE/70117001&Profile=1010

stilll needs work

nipper