Ultimate Subaru Message Board

87.5 Xt turbo TPS toast

Well, I got into tuning up the new ride yesterday (because it wouldn't idle and the acceleration sucks) I know it needed the basics (cap, rotor, plugs, wires and LOF) Didn't make much difference. Then found a huge vacuum leak on the #1 intake gasket. Repaired. Not much different. Checked codes and low and behold, 42. I've priced this thing and it's almost half what I paid for the car. I will buy it if I have to, but can it be taken apart and serviced like some of the others? The pinouts in all my books aren't correct and neither is the one from No Data (All Data) What readings should I have on what pins? (it's the four terminal TPS)

While many of us have encountered faulty throttle position sensors, the part, in general, is not "failure-prone" and you can confidently pick one up at the JY to replace it.. as for the testing and calibration procedures on the turbo TPS, I cannot help you.. but someone should be able to chime in.

I figured I would post and let you know that you can just go to the JY for it :- )