Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My new set of tires

Heres pictures of my new tire setup on redrilled Opel frontera rims, the car is just on cranked suspension front and trimmed fenders. I guess i have to start to build my 2 inch liftkit soon, but first im just gonna fit new longer caster rods. Enjoy pic of the swedish rusty brat=)

Cammo pattern looks like what they painted on WW1 / WW2 battleships and whatnot.

Cool.

thats quite nice that, not seen many brats with 15" wheels and tyres with no lift, maybe im just not looking hard enough :lol: and everyone keeps going on obut these turning the suspension adjusters, ive looked in the workshop manual enough times, and underneath and i sure i cant find them! better look harder!

You coud cut your fenders out really big, as in, all the way round. Or is that what you ment. Putting another inch on those caster/radius rods is a good idea.

A lift kit isn't gonna do much different to cutting your fenders out. Because the exhaust and prop will still make your car have low clearance (well, not low, but not any better.) If you don't mind cutting them out a fit and maybe fitting some rubber flairing, then I'd say cut...

Looks great by the way. :)

I've always liked the look of huge tires on a "lowrider".

I'd cut out the fenders more and stay with the bigger tires.

As for clearance underneath, you will still gain the amount the tires have lifted the car even without a body or suspension lift. A 4" taller tire will gain you 2" more of clearance.

Nice rig.

Rollie

The tires are bought in sweden dont know were to find them elsewere and the company who sells themhas no pic or info more than the price.

I've looked for them online but can't find any info.. Are you sure that that is the brand and not just the tires 'name'? They sure do look beefy! :)

Im absolute sure bout the name cant find them on internet myself too.

Just tried out the new spacer on my radius rod think i need more than the spacer so i just gonna cut and weld my spare ones, any ideas how to should i try to get them adjustable??? or how much more can i put om them?

Just tried out the new spacer on my radius rod think i need more than the spacer so i just gonna cut and weld my spare ones, any ideas how to should i try to get them adjustable??? or how much more can i put om them?

I used rods off another car.. They were 4inchs longer, but I cut them down. With my modded control arms I am getting 1.75inchs further forwards. I could do 2inchs easy, but I just don't need it and to me my caster angle is perfect now.

Wit stock EA81 arms I wouldn't go much further then 1.5inchs (even that is pushing it I reckon.)

The way mine adjust is with a nut on each side, and a piece of pipe in between the rubber and rod so the nuts can do up tight. it works good. If you have a look for my thread about the custom control arms you'll see what I'm talking about... Don't forget you'll need to adjust your steering after touching anything down there...

Lookin Hot!!!! you ought to get some different colored cans of spray primer and touch up the little bits of rust, or something.. My dad has a back-yard body repair method he calls 50/50.. meaning that it looks good from fifty feet away, or at fifty miles per hour.... just something rough and approximate :grin:

Thanx for the comment and yes i know i have to fix the paint the swedish winter with salt on the roads usually messes old cars up a lot. But i dont have to spray it the whole car is painted with a roller.

Sorry- I live in south florida, in the EXTREME southeast corner of the United States. (I actually just looked at a world map to find a rough estimate of my latitude.. I'm about even with Cairo, Egypt.) In addition to my southern location, we have the warm Gulf Stream flowing a mile offshore right here, so "winter" may as well me a foreign word to me :grin: I mean, I am wearing a sweater right now.. but its like, almost 70 degrees outside during the day.

What I am trying to say is, I hadn't even considered the climate when I mentioned the touch-up.

You say this car was painted with a roller; do you have any information on how that was done?? I read a detailed description on doing it with a metal enamel paint (labelled as "Rustoleum" in the US, but something else in Canada) that involved using a high density foam roller, and thinning the enamel paint out with mineral spirits. The end result of the proper dilution was to get the paint to "lay down" after being rolled, and form a smooth, continuous surface simply through surface tension.. Kinda like a slightly overfilled glass of water. was this what was done on your car?

I ask because I have an old Zcar I am working on, and I want to paint the old datsun logo on the roof... the more I think about painting the car, the more I think about painting it with a roller.. but I am trying to find more people who have done it to talk to.

Sorry- I live in south florida, in the EXTREME southeast corner of the United States. (I actually just looked at a world map to find a rough estimate of my latitude.. I'm about even with Cairo, Egypt.) In addition to my southern location, we have the warm Gulf Stream flowing a mile offshore right here, so "winter" may as well me a foreign word to me :grin: I mean, I am wearing a sweater right now.. but its like, almost 70 degrees outside during the day.

What I am trying to say is, I hadn't even considered the climate when I mentioned the touch-up.

You say this car was painted with a roller; do you have any information on how that was done?? I read a detailed description on doing it with a metal enamel paint (labelled as "Rustoleum" in the US, but something else in Canada) that involved using a high density foam roller, and thinning the enamel paint out with mineral spirits. The end result of the proper dilution was to get the paint to "lay down" after being rolled, and form a smooth, continuous surface simply through surface tension.. Kinda like a slightly overfilled glass of water. was this what was done on your car?

I ask because I have an old Zcar I am working on, and I want to paint the old datsun logo on the roof... the more I think about painting the car, the more I think about painting it with a roller.. but I am trying to find more people who have done it to talk to.

ive been told that you can roller cellulose paint, which is what my truck is painted in (except i sprayed mine, thinkin bout it now, it might well of been easier to roll) its a relativly cheap paint, and is the alternative to 2 pack, which involes laquor and all that, (and theres none of that with cellulose) which is what is used on vurtually every car that rolled off production lines (haha, pun there) and what you do is apply it just like a paint, and even with a brush, results are actually nice for what they are, using a roller would give you a nice even coat, once dried, i would scratch it all up again so the paint sticks, do another coat.

When that all dries (takes about an hour i spose) wet sand the whole car, and using like a rubbing compound paste with one of them angle grinders that spin slower with a mop on it, go over the whole car...........and your done, and you get a top qual finsih, the sorta paint that you could go and wax and polish and be proud of, not like a matt finish (unless you wanted it like that)

this is a bit more of a brief description and i can write a more detailed one, but just informing you of it, oh, and i painted my whole truck, in a mates semi pro paint shop all for £200, $400? may sound expensive, but i brought quite a bit from THE automotive paint supplier in my area (who charges quite a bit) (primer, the paint, scotch brite, wet n dry, thinners, masking tape etc)

christ, that was a long one! give us a shout if you want some more info