Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Getting New Struts Will WRX Springs Work?

I have a 1997 legacy outback wagon 2.5 auto 260,000 miles. I am getting new struts and would like to replace the springs. I can't seem to find springs that will raise or at least equal the oem springs. All the springs I see are to lower my vehicle. Will WRX Springs work? Any suggestions?

02-03 WRX springs will fit without a problem, but will lower the car at least an inch.

There's a company called scorpion that does lift kits, but I'm not sure if they sell springs or just blocks. Also, King Springs is an Australian company that sells what you're looking for, but I don't know of any distributors in the US. One more option would be ground control coil-overs. You modify the strut with a threaded collar to fit a 2.5" spring, which you can get in any length and spring rate you want. A set goes for $300-400 I think.

I have a 1997 legacy outback wagon 2.5 auto 260,000 miles. I am getting new struts and would like to replace the springs. I can't seem to find springs that will raise or at least equal the oem springs. All the springs I see are to lower my vehicle. Will WRX Springs work? Any suggestions?

Check over at http://www.boxer4racing.com - maybe email Dale Teague there and tell him what you want. They have a few more legacy items than some folks.

Also, the above or other folks may have some Legacy 'take-offs' that are new-ish. If someone HAS lowered their Legacy, you might get barely used OEM for cheap.

Carl

Ok if anyone has some barely used legacy outback springs that will fit a 1997 outback give me a holler. My springs have over 260,000 on them and since i'm replacing the struts i figured it would be best to replace the springs too. I'm not interested in WRX springs because if anything I would like to raise my car not lower it.

Thanks

Mtnbob