Ultimate Subaru Message Board

PIR 1/4mile Time Results

Took it to the 1/4mile drags at PIR last night to see what it would do with all the new parts.

I was having problems launching and getting off the line as well as other tuning issues and I didnt have my laptop with me to fix these problems.

Launch Control at 3500rpm is too low for the track the car just fall on its face and bogg threw the 60-foot and I was way too rich on spool up and tad lean on the top end.

Still was good to get a baseline, I'm going to work on it some more and go back in a week or so to try it again with my laptop this time.

14.8 was my best of the night

The car was consistant all night running 14.8 all night long which is good :)

I managed to beat lots of lightly modded WRX's :) That felt good.

Here's a timeslip :

m_a02c32c1208b6ce79246edea2018c3a2.jpg

I'm in the RIGHT lane

I'm not finished with the mods on mine, but curious as to what it would do in the 1/4. At least get a base line started. I'm having some issues with my MBC. I can get it up to 12psi but it falls off in 2sec back to 7.5psi.

This is actually in my benefit as I havent got my IC installed yet. But the boost problem is cornfusing:confused: I checked for leaks with ether and made sure the flanges were all tight. Am I missing something?

there needs to be some way for pressure to escape between the boost controller and the wastegate. it sounds like the boost controller is just slowing the pressure signal to the wastegate. without any way for the pressure to escape it builds up and opens the wastegate. its just delayed. try putting a small hole in the hose between the wastegate and the controller. it should work right then

I'm not finished with the mods on mine, but curious as to what it would do in the 1/4. At least get a base line started. I'm having some issues with my MBC. I can get it up to 12psi but it falls off in 2sec back to 7.5psi.

This is actually in my benefit as I havent got my IC installed yet. But the boost problem is cornfusing:confused: I checked for leaks with ether and made sure the flanges were all tight. Am I missing something?

PM or IM me with your setup and we'll troubleshoot.

I know of a few things that would make it act like that, but don't want to hijack the thread :D